Superior fuels

Carrerasax

Decided to refuel on way home from IOW on Saturday and filled with shell V-power diesel.
Checked range as I set off 518 miles. Didn’t think this great so checked again after I’d done a few miles and fresh fuel had fed through fuel lines 636, short while later 652!!!
I know it varies by type of driving but this was mixture of up abd down hills, rural roads at up to 50.
Had previously been doing up to 60 on A30 Honiton to okehampton .
Seems impressive, we’ll see how long it lasts.
I wanted to have better fuel in tank for winter lower usage to improve degradation.
Anyone else regularly use these fuels. I try to use one every 8-10 tank fills?

I notice an increase in throttle response but never did a mpg check.

The 518 is just a calculation of the mpg before you stopped and the amount of fuel in the tank. From that point until it changed to 652 you were obviously doing very different driving to before your fill-up.

All fuels in Belfast come from the same tanks no mater whos name is on the pump, when I was shotblasting there tanks I seen esso texico maxol and many other tankers pull in and fill up, all fuels meet the same standards by law.

When I started to use premium diesel in my moho it seemed to me to run a bit sweeter, I haven’t checked mpg. I generally get my premium diesel from Costco as it’s usually similar in price to standard diesel form the normal outlets.

All fuels in Belfast come from the same tanks no mater whos name is on the pump, when I was shotblasting there tanks I seen esso texico maxol and many other tankers pull in and fill up, all fuels meet the same standards by law.
The fuels might be the same but the additives are not. I find my vehicle runs better on the premium fuels, netter throttle response, quieter engine and there seems a little more power. MPG is also up but only slightly. I don't have any vested inrterest I simply report what I have experienced. The Morrisons petrol in my car when the dealer filled it was not nearly as good as Shell and the same applies to the camper diesel.

I've been putting Lucas fuel additives in my tank for a while now and I have to say its smooth quieter and more responsive and it only works out at 10p a gallon not like shell v power at about 10p a ltr

5 gallons please and 5 shots of Redex. Certainly Sir. That'll be 25 shillings Sir. Thank you Sir. I'll just give your windscreen a clean. A lot of insects flying around today.

I’ve been filling up at Costco for a few years now you get premium fuel at a discounted price. I’m pretty sure that my vans and car run better on it but i have not noticed any difference in the mileage.

I love Costco's rocket fuel. Unfortunately our local branch doesn't sell fuel so we can only top up when passing other branches on our travels.

Never had a racing camper so I just fill up wherever is cheapest

When my engine was the Fiat 2.8 JTD I used to add a small amount of 2 Stroke semi-synthetic engine oil.

The engine seemed to like it. :)

I never ever use premium but tend to fill up with whatever brand is close when I need it, could be Tesco or Shell or anyone else. I do put a measure of Redex in every fifth fill or so an my Sprinter runs no problem at all.

I never ever use premium but tend to fill up with whatever brand is close when I need it, could be Tesco or Shell or anyone else. I do put a measure of Redex in every fifth fill or so an my Sprinter runs no problem at all.
Utube pro tests have been done on redex, found to be a con.

I had a Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD and commuted between Northumberland and Huddersfield for a number of years. Same run week in week out and I started using BP Ultimate and Shell VPower and can tell you it did make a difference. More power and/or better economy.
When I did a tear down to sell it in bits (as no-one would buy it complete with 264,000 miles on the clock) the engine internals were clean as a whistle. Injectors, fuel pump the lot.
Conversely when I had an Imprezza 2000 turbo it would only run right on premium petrol and ran like a bag of hammers if I could not get premium.
K ;)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back