Supermarkets

2cv

I think that supermarkets should be insisting that only one person enters with a trolley to shop. This would help with not only social distancing but also reduce the risk of encountering someone who unknowingly has the virus. A few may need to take children in, but overall such a policy could save lives.

Millie Master

Well written @2cv so very true, I am amazed that this measure hasn't been already imposed!

We haven't been to the shops recently but when we do my Mrs. will be wearing protective eye coverings, masks and wearing surgical gloves whilst I sit outside parked up outside.

Wully

Bill I heard they are trying to organise shopping using your postcode as say postcode is G8 6lb you can shop on a Monday and a different day for other codes on different days it’s to stop panic buying and hoarding from people outside an area.

helen262

I think that supermarkets should be insisting that only one person enters with a trolley to shop. This would help with not only social distancing but also reduce the risk of encountering someone who unknowingly has the virus. A few may need to take children in, but overall such a policy could save lives.
This is what they did in Spain only one person to go in rather than couples, which makes a lot of sense

runnach

Bill, would be fantastic if our scientists developed a home test kit, where result is almost instant, similar to a self pregnancy test device.

Re supermarkets, perhaps a temperature test prior to entering outlet.

2cv

Bill, would be fantastic if our scientists developed a home test kit, where result is almost instant, similar to a self pregnancy test device.

I think that the problem with temperature testing is that you can carry the virus and be infectious for up to two weeks before any physical symptoms show.

wildebus

I read today that a company in the UK (I think it is UK) is developing a face mask that can detect the presence of the coronavirus (or covid-19?) spores in your breath when you exhale. I think it needs to be sent away for testing, but if that mask could somehow be combined with some kind of "litmus test" to instantly reveal the results that would be brilliant. (pregnancy tests work nearly instantly, so I would expect developing something 'instant' would be possible to detect Covid-19 by the medical boffins?).
This mask test is reckoned to cost in the region of £2 a mask, which is pretty good I think?

Wooie1958

If they did temperature testing every where I would never get in as I am always running hot
Quite the opposite here, i run about 35C along with 50-ish pulse rate.

Thankfully my doctor knows me but if it`s a new one they start wanting to runs test to see what`s wrong with me.