Swift Sundance Radio

Squeegee

Swift Sundance Radio

We've just bought a Swift Sundance Rs and we are very pleased with it . However, and you knew that was coming I daresay, it has a feature that is designed to prevent you running the main battery down while parked . The radio only runs for 10 minutes unless the ignition is turned on. Can anyone suggest a way of altering the wiring so we can choose to use either the main or leisure battery?

You could put a switch in, but it would be quite simple to make the radio work all the time, if you're going to be mindful of the van battery. This is what I've done, along with having the solar charge VB when LB is full.

Depending on how old your vehicle is and the make of chassis, the following may help. It worked on our 2013 Peugeot based Autosleeper and switches between normal mode and camper mode, giving you up to 3 hours of radio before it switches off ( presumably to help save your battery)
it may or may not work on yours.

1) Turn radio ‘ON’ using the central ‘power’ button
2) Within 15 seconds, simultaneously press ‘FM AS’ and the preset button ‘2’. Each time this pair of buttons are pressed, the display will alternate between ‘NORMAL POWER MODE’ and ‘CAMPER POWER MODE’. (note these must be pressed together for upto 5 seconds)
3) Ensure that ‘CAMPER POWER MODE’ is displayed, then press ‘MENU’
4) Using the ‘UP and ‘DOWN’ button now changes the display to show various adjustable items. Cycle through the options until ‘RADIO OFF’ and a number of minutes is shown on the display. This will take approx. two presses of the ‘UP’ button or seven presses of the ‘DOWN’ button.
5) With ‘RADIO OFF’ shown on the display press the ‘LEFT’ or ‘RIGHT’ button. Each press of either button will alternate the number of minutes shown between ‘180’ and ‘0’
6) With ‘180’ showing on the display the setting is complete and three hours of radio operation should be possible. Press the ‘POWER’ button to exit the menu and return the display to its usual view.
Please note that in ‘NORMAL POWER MODE’ the same subsequent steps detailed above can be followed, to choose between ’20 mins’ and ‘0 mins’ of radio operation.

i might add that, although I carried out this mod, we never used the radio more than a couple of times while in the UK, we spend most of our time in France and the radio only picked up French commercial stations, which are worse than UK local radio......

Last edited:
There is a work round on Ducatos to stop the radio turning off, I did it on my 2003 Sundance. I'm not sure if it's the same as snapster has said as I can't remember what I did, but I found it on t'internet somewhere by googling Fiat Ducato radio problem, I think. As for changing it to the leisure battery I was told that would be far too complicated to attempt.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back