Switzerland 2019

jagmanx

Considering up to 1 month here.. I know we have to pay £30 or so but OK with that.
Happy to do 2 nights wild 1 night campsite..
There seem to be a number of places to overnight cheap or free.
Waste disposal etc seems OK
All comments welcome...Thanks

I love Switzerland and have been dozens of times on a motorbike, I’ve only been twice in the MH along with dogs and felt rather disappointed with the camp sites (prices) and the lack of suitable wilding places. I really don’t think they like me ?

There’s a mean little stopover in Andermatt, one night is enough. Then we found a lovely site just outside Zermatt in a place called Tasch (from memory) a short walk from the village and close for the train into Zermatt. You can’t drive in it is electrics vehicles only.

I wrote a blog on our Switzerland trip in 2011 which you can find here. Hank the Tank Swiss adventure Not very useful but some of it is funny.

The Jungfrau valley is amazing (Well it all is). We went towards the end of ACSI season but campsite prices get steep in high season. I dont think that little campsite we stayed on at the top of the Jungfrau valley is too bad outside of ACSI though.

We never found any wild spots or Aires but we didnt look very hard to be honest. They do exist I gather if you look at CC Infos or Camper Contact.

We loved the little site at Weggis.

Thanks to both..
I have visited Switzerland many times as a leader on School trips.
We stayed near Interlaken on all visits.
So yes the I am well aware of the stunning views near Interlaken Kandersteg and also Lucerne (Pilatus) Les Diablerets Montreux etc.
That was all over 20 years ago and before I was married so a revisit for me and a first visit for my wife is the order of the day.
Thanks and yes I use Camper Contact and CC Infos and thus there seem to be sufficient cheap or free spots.
Rutti camping at the foot of Stechelberg seems OK pricewise as does the farm site near Weggis.

Content to pay a bit more sometimes so I think we will give it a go.
Expensive sites in Switzerland will be compensated by the use of cheaper overnights in France Italy and Germany.
Austria is also OK ish and it is easy to pass through without a vignette (Austria)

Thanks to both..
I have visited Switzerland many times as a leader on School trips.
We stayed near Interlaken on all visits.
So yes the I am well aware of the stunning views near Interlaken Kandersteg and also Lucerne (Pilatus) Les Diablerets Montreux etc.
That was all over 20 years ago and before I was married so a revisit for me and a first visit for my wife is the order of the day.
Thanks and yes I use Camper Contact and CC Infos and thus there seem to be sufficient cheap or free spots.
Rutti camping at the foot of Stechelberg seems OK pricewise as does the farm site near Weggis.

Content to pay a bit more sometimes so I think we will give it a go.
Expensive sites in Switzerland will be compensated by the use of cheaper overnights in France Italy and Germany.
Austria is also OK ish and it is easy to pass through without a vignette (Austria)
I have camped at Lauterbrunnen and Arolla. If you know Interlaken you will probably know Lauterbrunnen, Arolla is a small village but has a great campsite with good mountain views. It is a good starting point for walks of varying difficulty.

We did a week in Switzerland on our way back from Corsica.
Great place, loads of Wildcamping, water everywhere.
Prices tend to be on the high side, so stock up en-route.

I travelled through Switzerland and found quite a few places for wild camping. I got the impression they might be very fussy about waste disposal, quite rightly, but otherwise people friendly and helpful

We spent Jan and Feb skiing in Switzerland and spent every night on either an inexpensive aire or parked for free in a skilift carpark.
Not much lpg despite what mylpg says, I bought Vitagaz gas bottles but you get full refund on the deposit.
Supermarket food is double the cost of UK.
There is a limit on imports of foodstuffs though, eg 1kg of meat per person.
Buy a 30 day vignette for about 50 quid.
Buy a blue windscreen parking timer for a few quid in a garage or supermarket as you will need it to park in most towns.

Thanks for the Ski-lift parking info.
Thanks for the info about the Blue timers.
LPG we plan about 1 month so if we go in with 2 full tanks we will be Ok but will topup if we see LPG
Yes food beer expensive..But maybe our only trip !

There is free motorhome parking at thermal baths at Saillans.This is handy if traveling to or from France Mont blanc area

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back