T4 exhaust silly question

MJVW

Sorry this may be a really silly question and i think i know the answer but would just appreciate other members input. Just had to do a repair on my exhaust system central silencer gun gum and bandage job, the repair was successful and is not leaking/blowing although not too pretty, would the repair fail an MOT? and the motorhome is a Holdsworth Valentine Special coachbuilt the base vehicle is a VW T4 2.4 Diesel will the exhaust be a standard T4 or custom built i do need to think about purchasing a new system.

I can't really answer your question with authority although i would have thought as long as there were no leaks it would pass with perhaps an advisory.
If you are thinking of replacing your exhaust I can recomend LTC Tyres and exhaust Brierley Hill 01384 485511. I have a T4 and whilst the original exhaust lasted well - the CAT section survived for 13 years the £300 replacement only lasted 3 years. LTC fabricated and fitted a complete S/S system from the CAT back. It has a lifetime guarantee and whilst it only has one silencer box is quiet and works fine.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back