Taking man's best friend

If the dog eats Chappie because he has a sensitive tummy, I doubt you'd get anything close enough to the original so I'd take enough with you for the trip. If he eats it just because he likes it/it's convenient there are plenty similar things in supermarkets and many garden centres.

When reading one of the hundreds of times this exact same question has been asked and answered on FB, someone mentioned it was a lot cheaper to have a short break in Ireland and get it all done there, which may have been true or typical FB bs

The cost of it all has put me off going abroad again, especially as I now have 3.

Ardachaidh's point about using an internet vet is a good one. My last dog had an old style 3 year passport which I got in 2017 from my usual Vet, who probably doesn't deal with many. It worked fine that year but next time I went in 2019, the French customs check in refused me exit because the Vet here who filled it in originally had made some silly inconsequential mistake and they were being more thorough 'cos it was a week before Brexit. She printed off a 7 page "waiver" form in duplicate which I had to sign (both copies) and supposedly show my copy on entry to Britain - although this side of the channel they didn't even ask to see the passport, I was just waved through.
I don't think my local Vet knows much about AHCs and since they messed up with the simpler Passport I don't think I'd trust them now.

Re food, my dogs eat Lidl's dry and canned food and so there was no problem in France, Spain or Portugal 'cos there are Lidls everywhere.

Well.they have had a quote from there vet in Selby, £90.00 for a rabbies Jab and £250 for the Animal Health certificate. We have joined the Animal Health certificate UK Facebook group as recommended on this post by a member and through this group the rabbies jab can be had in Selby for £35.00 and £99.00 for the animal health certificate in Leeds. A bit of a saving, although there vet will charge £25.00 to send the dogs records to another vet.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back