Tempted to buy E&P levelling system

Trek

Free Member

Tempted to buy E&P levelling system

I find it hard to believe but we bought our current camper back in spring 2008 so its coming up to 10 years of age

In recent years I have been to a couple of motorhome shows checking out the latest models but nothing has really interested me
(not to mention the cost of some of them)

So as i am more than content with the camper I have been thinking about spoiling myself and getting the E&P hydraulic levelling system fitted

i think i just need a nudge to go ahead and book it in (Mercedes Sprinter 518 chassis)

any members on here with them ?

Maybe thats the nudge i need - thanks

though it seems daft to spend these sorts of £’s on a 10 year old camper but I can guess I can always remove it and fit to another camper

anyone ever seen second hand ones for sale ?

Yep I had them fitted earlier this year great piece of kit. I’ve used them in anger about six times now and wouldn’t be without them they help in so mainly different ways not just leveling you can get rid of you’re jack and ramps. Mines were fitted by SAP Doncaster and can’t recommend them enough the neatness of the finished job is very professional. Think phils already mentioned they now do a discount for members ?. Just noticed. 100 posts think I’ll celebrate with a beer.

Last edited:
.....make sure you're on the level Wully.....beer spillage is a serious offense !! Maja

It's a big outlay and I can't say that being slightly off level has really bothered us,using levelling blocks we generally get it so that the wine doesn't slide off the table.:tongue:
I've got more important things to spend money on so can't justify spending 6 grand for a self levelling system.

wakk44;n11110 said:
It's a big outlay and I can't say that being slightly off level has really bothered us,using levelling blocks we generally get it so that the wine doesn't slide off the table.:tongue:
I've got more important things to spend money on so can't justify spending 6 grand for a self levelling system.

We use mats cut from a sheet of non-slip for the wine glasses, and mugs. Works at quite an angle as we used to do the same on the boat.

Geofff

My thoughts were rather than change my current camper for a new one (nothing around to tempt me to change ) i would fit E&P’s instead so actually saving me a load of money

:)

Not sure my wife agrees with my train of thought but then she doesnt drive so has no idea about levelling especially on wet muddy fields or snowy ski car parks

How effective will they be on 'wet muddy fields' without bits of wood or whatever underneath them?

Malcolm

Trek;n11152 said:
My thoughts were rather than change my current camper for a new one (nothing around to tempt me to change ) i would fit E&P’s instead so actually saving me a load of money

:)

Not sure my wife agrees with my train of thought but then she doesnt drive so has no idea about levelling especially on wet muddy fields or snowy ski car parks

They have several advantages as you can lift the entire van off the floor, so if you are really stuck you can lift wheels and put stuff under them. Also in windy conditions you no longer get any van rock.

I've had one for some years. ( Fitted by Mike in Doncaster, excellent workmanship. ) Just after the guarantee ran out a fault developed, all four jacks were replaced FREE OF CHARGE and the new front ones had longer travel. Super service. When we changed our van in June the jacks etc were moved onto the new van, done in Holland at the headquarters. Again excellent service. We were given a free software upgrade and a housing for the pump etc so it is now under the van .
I can't recommend them highly enough. We often park on VERY sloping ground with blocks of wood to give extra lift.
They make tyre changing very easy and if you get stuck in soft ground you can lift the wheels up to put something underneath.
Superb product and very good company to deal with.
P.S. You don't have to go to Holland, it was easier for us.

My van is a 9m tag. Van was New April this year so for me it’ll probably work out as I plan on keeping it for at least 6 7 years. But think the system is transferable so when and if you sell you’re van ask buyer two prices one with leveling system and one without. When you get a quote to have them fitted ask how much it would cost to transfer them to another vehicle that way you can work out if it’s costworthy ?

I wouldn't bother keeping it at 6 or 7 years old as like most things it will probably be knackered by then !
A dealer told me any extras on a motorhome don't add a single penny.

I agree Charlie but for me it’s just a toy for me and my family’s enjoyment I bought it for me not for next owner and I’m a gadget freak don’t care if it’s worth £5 when I’m done with it as long as I’ve had fun and fair usage of it. You not found that perfect van yet let me know when you do and I’ll have one too god nose you’ve put enough effort and energy into you’re quest cheers wully ?

Banned member;n11375 said:
I wouldn't bother keeping it at 6 or 7 years old as like most things it will probably be knackered by then !.

What will be knackered after 6/7 years the E&P ?

i wouldnt want to be paying out upwards of £50k on a new motorhome for it to be knackered in 6/7 years

with the cost of these things they need nurturing and looking after

what do you do with them to get them in such a state in such a short time

Trek;n11478 said:

i wouldnt want to be paying out upwards of £50k on a new motorhome for it to be knackered in 6/7 years

Yes the E&P but the motorhome won't be far behind, lol
Things just don't last like they used to it is like when we change someone's 30 year old boiler they say "That will see us out now " they'll be lucky to get 10 years out of a modern boiler ,in fact I wouldn't spend any money on one over 5 years old.

Trek;n11478 said:

You will have to excuse Charlie, he has a negative attitude towards everything.

Mmh !

Concerned that “Banned member “ suggests E&P’s are knackered after 6 or 7 years

dont want to fork out almost £5k if this is the case

Are people having major problems with them ? Why would they fail ? Rust or seals or the pump ?

Can the legs be overhauled / repaired with new seals etc

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back