The Best in People

2cv

This horrendous pandemic does bring out the best in people. Our little street started a whats app group this morning. By this evening nearly everyone has joined and people from over 70s to those with disabilities and serious illnesses are already being helped.

You are both lucky, I live in a completely isolated community. I don't even speak with my neighbours so I don't hold my breath for any help wanted/needed.
Have a look for Facebook town/ village groups for places near you. Our home town has a group and is covering all the outlying isolated areas as well.

Have a look for Facebook town/ village groups for places near you. Our home town has a group and is covering all the outlying isolated areas as well.

Thank you, a very good suggestion but I don't have and don't use Facebook.

Put your hands together to thank all those people who are helping others 🙌 and let's SHOOT all the scamming barstewards and rip off merchants

Thank you, a very good suggestion but I don't have and don't use Facebook.

The other way then would be the nearest town volunteer group who often seem to be organising help and trying to avoid the risk of scammers.

one of my daughters next door neighbours has put a wheelie bin in her front garden with a big notice on a pole saying that she’s collecting for the local food bank my Daughter said it’s been full three times today with people walking by and cars stoping to put stuff in. A great idea but wouldn’t work where I grew up.

Most older folk here would not know how to use a pc or smart phone,wifes folks dont have a clue and have difficulty with a normal house phone by forgetting to hang up or phone people on it,there in there eightys.

You are both lucky, I live in a completely isolated community. I don't even speak with my neighbours so I don't hold my breath for any help wanted/needed.
I don't got any neighbours!😳
Gotta say that was one deciding factor when I rented the flat, nobody living in my pocket....😸👍

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back