Chat Room

Evening gang :)

I had lunch with the gorgeous Herbenny today... a real treat and so great to catch up. Also happy to report that Birdie has another service and MoT under her belt, so it's all systems go for the Netherlands trip, yay!

By the way, I ordered another rag run runner... it's the same but different, which was a shock when I first opened it! I ordered exactly the same thing but each one is unique, so the colours are brighter than my old one... lots of baby pink, yellow and turquoise, whereas the old one is more subdued greens and pinks. I'm thinking the brighter one for summer, the other one for winter. Erm, yes... I gave up on the idea of making my own :rolleyes:

Been out for dinner with friends...:p. Lovely stilton burger, getting our van tomorrow...:love::love:, then Portugal at last!

You must have your new van now Ruth - so exciting! Hope you are 2 very happy bunnies. Enjoy your trip! :)

Evening gang :)

I had lunch with the gorgeous Herbenny today... a real treat and so great to catch up. Also happy to report that Birdie has another service and MoT under her belt, so it's all systems go for the Netherlands trip, yay!

By the way, I ordered another rag run runner... it's the same but different, which was a shock when I first opened it! I ordered exactly the same thing but each one is unique, so the colours are brighter than my old one... lots of baby pink, yellow and turquoise, whereas the old one is more subdued greens and pinks. I'm thinking the brighter one for summer, the other one for winter. Erm, yes... I gave up on the idea of making my own :rolleyes:

Come on then Jennie show us what it looks like! :unsure:

Not long back from collecting the van! It is great.... unfortunately, the lovely chap converting it could not quite finish due to a problem with the swivel seat...had to get it re- engineered as did not work properly, needed extra bits but no time due to our deadline. Luckily his landlord is an engineer but it held things up, so have to take it back for the table and worktop flap to be fitted. He has worked so hard and we can do without them this trip. Getting the gas certificate when we return mid may, and missing bits plus any snagging also be done the same day. Also says he has wood left which he will put extra shelves in when we have had a trip to decide where we need them! Will post some photos tomorrow....so excited. Not had a van for eight months ?

Beautiful day in deepest Sussex too... I actually feel inspired to cut the grass! In a minute... later... maybe :giggle:
I bought some of that Wet and Forget that @RoaminRog recommended because I thought it might work on my mucky patio. I made a right mess of it last year by squirting bleach everywhere and giving it a good scrub. Well I was desperate, having tried everything else that I knew about and it seemed to work when I did it but as time's gone on, I can see the swirls where I squirted it :eek: Lesson learned!! Today's as good a day as any to get busy outside I guess... just need to find where I left my energy.

Trixie, as requested here's the two rugs together... the old one is a bit faded and scruffy now in comparison but that's not surprising considering how many times it's been through the wash. I still love it and it looks fine in the van. The new one just 'pops' doesn't it?

Rugs.jpg

Beautiful day in deepest Sussex too... I actually feel inspired to cut the grass! In a minute... later... maybe :giggle:
I bought some of that Wet and Forget that @RoaminRog recommended because I thought it might work on my mucky patio. I made a right mess of it last year by squirting bleach everywhere and giving it a good scrub. Well I was desperate, having tried everything else that I knew about and it seemed to work when I did it but as time's gone on, I can see the swirls where I squirted it :eek: Lesson learned!! Today's as good a day as any to get busy outside I guess... just need to find where I left my energy.

Trixie, as requested here's the two rugs together... the old one is a bit faded and scruffy now in comparison but that's not surprising considering how many times it's been through the wash. I still love it and it looks fine in the van. The new one just 'pops' doesn't it?

View attachment 43864
looks good to me jennie.......i think it was jeanette who requested a picture ...........itwhen i used to do the drive outside kitchen door...........i would use half bottle of cheap bleach in a couple of buckets of water with some soap suds.. ... chuck it over the concrete brush it around ....leave overnight.......then next morning chuck a ouple of buckets of hot water over it........scrub with a stiff yard brush........then rinse it all off with another couple of buckets water.....came up a treat.............sounds like hard work...in fact it was really only the scrubbing of it with the yard brush which took any energy...all was very therapeutic really..........
nice to see pics of your new rug.......it looks really lovely......

Sorry about confusing you Trixie and Jeanette... I've screwed my brain in a bit tighter now :rolleyes:
On the positive side, I cut the grass front and back, so feel very virtuous indeed. I also took a load of stuff up to the recycling centre, so I'm on a roll. Starving now, so I'm off to forage in the kitchen. One of my batch cooked chicken curries I think. I'll gear myself up to tackling the patio and all that scrubbing tomorrow... don't want to overdo things with my back still healing, although it's feeling pretty good now.

Jennie love the new rug and don’t overdo things have a cuppa and contemplate ? enjoy the sunshine! Well Malcolm made a chicken curry tonight and very tasty it was..he must have thought I needed a rest after son and daughter came yesterday with g/kids and d/I/l’s Niece more like another g/kid,and other son today with three g/kids (one a step grandson) and one being wreaking annie!! The garden looks lovely Chris it’s been really sunny here today but windy and once again cold in the wind

Sun is already smiling on the Devon hills :cool:.
Off to t'hospital soon to have another chunk taken off my head (tis too big anyway I'm told). 8.30 for 9.00, so shouldn't be much delay :unsure:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back