Chat Room

PEONIES...........wow ive never seen such large blooms that we have this year...they are massive.......want to split them up at the back end of the year and try them in tubs..........they look beautiful..however...only flower for about a week then left with all this foliage till they die back.
thought if they were in tubs..onece finished flowering could move them to another part of the gatrden till foliage finishes.

Bees love them, but as you say short lived flowers; ours is just at the bursting bud stage.

Bees love them, but as you say short lived flowers; ours is just at the bursting bud stage.
rather surprised at this chris.......always thought darn sarff........were a few weeks ahead of us in the flowering season....or whatever it is called............nontheless....they look beautiful whilst in bloom.....enjoy

Busy day Saturday, sorted out my 85yr old mums sheds & hall cupboard ( how many plastic bags does one person need?) Set up her new mobile phone, bought and put together garden seating and table, bathroom cupboard and new vacuum cleaner. Changed her broadband supplier, and weeded the garden. Halfway back from Kent on way to Suffolk yesterday realised I have left my mobile phone charging in her bedroom! Just hope she remembers to post it back tomorrow.....

Spent a worthwhile morning tidying up the electrics and fitting a battery monitor. The roof is all cleaned off ready for the new panel next week (I hope) and tomorrow morning we're getting two new tyres fitted. The old bus must think it's her birthday;)

Busy day Saturday, sorted out my 85yr old mums sheds & hall cupboard ( how many plastic bags does one person need?) Set up her new mobile phone, bought and put together garden seating and table, bathroom cupboard and new vacuum cleaner. Changed her broadband supplier, and weeded the garden. Halfway back from Kent on way to Suffolk yesterday realised I have left my mobile phone charging in her bedroom! Just hope she remembers to post it back tomorrow.....
I love two things on this reply....

"Set up her new mobile phone"
and
"Changed her broadband supplier"

for an 85 year old! Brilliant.
There are so many older folk not reached close to that age who have decided they are too old to use computers and mobiles. Just shows they are wrong :)

Dropped the bus off to have new tyres fitted and walked to McDonalds. Had a coffee and bacon roll, then back in time to see it being driven out of the bay. Now got to try and avoid scuffing them (for a few weeks!) :rolleyes:

van may be coming down this weekend.........if its not too hot weatherwise....hopefully get it sorted.for the coming summer..........get the awning sorted........not had the chance to do that yet ........hopefully that will fit...fingers crossed. maybe get away for a night or two...........

I love two things on this reply....

"Set up her new mobile phone"
and
"Changed her broadband supplier"

for an 85 year old! Brilliant.
There are so many older folk not reached close to that age who have decided they are too old to use computers and mobiles. Just shows they are wrong :)

She had "a senior persons phone" which was horrendous to use! So went back to a
" normal" persons phone ! It is challenging at times with the internet and her tablet but she copes really well. She gets frustrated, but don't we all??

Last edited:
finally got to see to the awning...............erected the frame.......then tried to figure out the canvas....it just was too small for the frame......oohhh no...........called for help........just couldnt figure it out.........called for help from brother, who came round and sorted it out.....
...i didnt realize it was a drive away awning.......that was confusing too........font of awning was open and back of awning which supposed to go next to van was all closed in...........Hmmm.........
anyway like i say brother came and sorted it....just got it packed away before large black clouds looming...........havent offered it up to van yet as we didnt have sufficient room . however...im sure it will fit.....hopefully...fingers crossed,,,,
hope everyone has had a good day...........

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back