Chat Room

Be careful with that! Get it checked as Achilles tendon damage can cause permanent injury if not treated promptly....a friend damaged hers and left it till came back from hols....never been right since and had a good telling off at the hospital!
I’ve been going to the hospital about it for a while and had x-rays and they’ve showed nothing untoward they don’t know if it’s coming off my back but I will mention it next week when I go and see what they say thank for that it never crossed my mind to be honest

Reactions: Rec
Nice "quiet" parkup near a chapel overlooking the sea....room for six vans. Got there and at least twelve crammed in, only small area of sloping grass left and certainly not what we had in mind :cry::cry:
Further down the road(quite a lot further) found a campsite which has mainly empty area for motor homes....several are crammed together near the loos. Went well away on our own and have a huge space for two nights. Lovely walks around here , a mountain ( small, very small!) the town and port ,with fish market, and a castle! Long drive today so R&R planned tomorrow!

Evening all :)

I started my day with a definite plan of action and ended it doing nothing whatsoever on the original list... BUT I've been a very busy bee anyway. After doing some chores indoors I went outside with the intention of doing a bit of weeding and having lunch in the lovely sunshine but stood staring at the patio again. The Wet and Forget has been on there for a fair old time now... it's looking a tiny bit brighter but mostly in the areas where the sun reaches, so I thought I'd get the hose and bass broom out and help it along. Not satisfied with that, I scrubbed it over again with diluted bleach - twice! Then I remembered I'd left the hoover at the top of the stairs to remind me I needed to pull out my bed and side table thingies to hunt for dust bunnies. Once I pulled the furniture away, I decided that wall just had to be painted - today - so I did a mad dash up to Homebase and found something I liked that would tone with the rest of the room and set to work with the masking tape along all the edges and to protect the edge of the gigantic mirrored wardrobe that I can't move. A couple of hours later and the wall's painted, as are my hands and hair and the old clothes I'm glad I remembered to put on. It'll need another coat tomorrow, so I've left everything covered in dust sheets and will have to be a guest in one of my spare rooms tonight. By the time I cleaned all the brushes and rollers and trays, I realised I was starving and that's when I remembered I never did have that lunch in the garden :rolleyes:

My list for tomorrow - morning chat with daughter in Aus, second coat of paint on the wall and then scrub the outside of the van. I've put a note on the list in block caps... remember to eat!!

Night night all... I'm off to the guest room :ROFLMAO:

love the above story jennie, just love it.........lol.......typical....what i call a grasshopper day........usually a day like that nothing ends up a finished job......however, it all comes together the next day..............wont be long now before your trip/adventure...........trust you will get good weather and all goes smoothly.........enjoy it all......good luck and safe travels...

Jennie, you make me feel guilty :oops:
We intended put some roofing on t'summerhouse today, but too windy, so I played in the garage while gaffer knitted.

You're supposed to be taking it easy anyway Chris... whereas I've been bone idle and sulking over my leg for weeks :ROFLMAO:

Time for me to get out there and wash the van now, which was meant to happen yesterday but I'm quite pleased with my painted bedroom wall. It's a bit of a rite of passage for me is decorating.... sort of proved something to myself. Now I just need to be able to pick the paint out of my hair and get a comb through it again and all will be fine :rolleyes:

love the above story jennie, just love it.........lol.......typical....what i call a grasshopper day........usually a day like that nothing ends up a finished job......however, it all comes together the next day..............wont be long now before your trip/adventure...........trust you will get good weather and all goes smoothly.........enjoy it all......good luck and safe travels...
Trixie I love your expression grasshopper day... perfectly matches my butterfly mind :ROFLMAO::oops:

Was quite a peaceful evening until Mum decided to take a dive in her bedroom. Dawn managed to squeeze round the door (that's coming off tomorrow!) and got her sitting on the bed. After a lot of cleaning up, she has a cut on her head, another on her arm and a large piece of skin peeled off her shin; fortunately Dawn was able to roll the torn skin back into place before dressing it and her arm. Mothers eh!!

Hope she gets well soon Chris bless her I’m with you on that Gordon I miss mine every day ?

In Portugal, nearly at our barn. First job will be to strim weeds as five months since we were there last....next to make an enclosed area to keep the dog in. She has never been here before! Oh and hope no little ( or big) vermin visitors have been while unoccupied!

Waiting in Morrison's car park. :rolleyes:
Nurse came yesterday and checked Mum over: commended Dawn on the dressings she had stuck on and is calling again in a couple of days.

What a gorgeous child, Jeanette!
Had an amazing thunderstorm here last night, bright sun today. No vermin in barn when we arrived...weeds all strimmed now and Chloe is enjoying the sunshine!

What a gorgeous child, Jeanette!
Had an amazing thunderstorm here last night, bright sun today. No vermin in barn when we arrived...weeds all strimmed now and Chloe is enjoying the sunshine!

Thank you Rec I love a good thunderstorm Malcolm’s not so keen..lol how’s Chloe settling in the van? She’s three now and still a mass of hair and her nickname is wreaking Annie for good reason,let’s just say she’s not a dainty girl! More like a tomboy

E5BC7B0A-487A-400E-89B6-DE5119C17D66.jpeg

Chloe really settled well in the van, having a bit more of an issue now we are at our holiday home....she has to come up to the mezzanine level in the barn via outside stairs so gets a bit confused when we are on a different floor, she can see us but has to go outside to get to us! The stairs inside are too steep!
Love a tomboy, usually a real character, and I like kids to be non conformists! Hard to live with at times though ;)IMG_20190402_142144.jpg

Thank you Rec I love a good thunderstorm Malcolm’s not so keen..lol how’s Chloe settling in the van? She’s three now and still a mass of hair and her nickname is wreaking Annie for good reason,let’s just say she’s not a dainty girl! More like a tomboy
She looks to be dressed similar to mine, always in tracksuit bottoms and tee shirts/tops, even though they are pretty. We were only talking about this last week. So many pretty dresses to wear with tights but all she does is roll around on the floor and gets absolutely filthy. I remember when she was still crawling she had a dress on and got so frustrated by it we had to take it off. A proper tomboy.
She must take after me.:D
I got a child size silver cross pram for Christmas one year, but instead of playing with my doll, I took out the bedding and filled it with stones...must have had a project on the go.:D

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back