Chat Room

Just had an "exciting" day in portugal....Dave was building a wall, crushed his finger on a rock, came in to let me wash and bandage it, passed out and fell backwards onto concrete floor. I managed to call an ambulance, and ended up in Coimbra hospital where he remains. Has contusions in his brain, no fracture, but now waiting to see if the bleeding stops overnight. Having CT in morning, then they will decide if he can come home, or more likely will have to stay several days:cry:. Looks like I will have to drive the van back to UK anyway in May as he certainly won't be allowed to drive for a while. Poor dog was dumped on a friend and is completely confused. Would take the van to Coimbra and stay there but I can't leave her while at the hospital. Parking is bad, limited and not really for vans too at the hospital. Just when life seemed on an even keel....

Hope it's good news after the scan (y)

do hope everything turns out for the better ............fingers and toes crfossed for you both.......take care

Hope everything turns out okay after the scans

Just had an "exciting" day in portugal....Dave was building a wall, crushed his finger on a rock, came in to let me wash and bandage it, passed out and fell backwards onto concrete floor. I managed to call an ambulance, and ended up in Coimbra hospital where he remains. Has contusions in his brain, no fracture, but now waiting to see if the bleeding stops overnight. Having CT in morning, then they will decide if he can come home, or more likely will have to stay several days:cry:. Looks like I will have to drive the van back to UK anyway in May as he certainly won't be allowed to drive for a while. Poor dog was dumped on a friend and is completely confused. Would take the van to Coimbra and stay there but I can't leave her while at the hospital. Parking is bad, limited and not really for vans too at the hospital. Just when life seemed on an even keel....

So, this is where you're all lurking! :)

Blimey, Ruth! Hope Dave's out of hospital now and you're both getting over the shock. Keep us posted.

Well looks like he is in for about five days! Now on neurosurgical ward and for CT every two days or daily if worsens?. Had a terrible day today cannot eat or drink without vomitting, so on IV's. Not what the plan was for our trip, but life is like that!
Trying to reassure myself he is in the right place but he hates it, reminds him of the brain surgery in the past...keeping positive for talking to his mum and my mum back in UK but, as a nurse, I know too much!

But on a really nice note, I won £50 Amazon voucher this week! Wow.
really pleased for you in winning the raffle............sorry that david and yourself are having such a difficult time cnat be easy for you both especially being out of the country............take care

Visited this afternoon.....he is like a different man! A grumpy one who feels I should have left him to wake up after being unconscious for over five minutes because " he would have been fine"! And no point bringing him to hospital for a crushed finger anyway! Had more fluids and meds overnight which have sorted the pain etc and he can now eat and drink...had cold chicken soup for lunch :sick::sick: so he wants to be home now. I think the stroppiness is still concussion, unlike him....oh and he is fit to drive himself , the doctors know nothing!! Plans on going back to building his wall again this week and strimming all the land next!! Do you think they would give me some diazepam to slip in his food when he is finally discharged?? Having another scan tomorrow to see if bleeding stopped and no swelling....fingers crossed.

Visited this afternoon.....he is like a different man! A grumpy one who feels I should have left him to wake up after being unconscious for over five minutes because " he would have been fine"! And no point bringing him to hospital for a crushed finger anyway! Had more fluids and meds overnight which have sorted the pain etc and he can now eat and drink...had cold chicken soup for lunch :sick::sick: so he wants to be home now. I think the stroppiness is still concussion, unlike him....oh and he is fit to drive himself , the doctors know nothing!! Plans on going back to building his wall again this week and strimming all the land next!! Do you think they would give me some diazepam to slip in his food when he is finally discharged?? Having another scan tomorrow to see if bleeding stopped and no swelling....fingers crossed.

Hopefully Ruth you’ll both know more tomorrow or is that today!!..lol and if it isn’t like hike for the stroppiness then it could well be the concussion but for the cold chicken soup ? I hope he makes a speedy recovery for your peace of mind and Dave’s

• Thank You
Reactions: Rec
The cold chicken soup is probably to make sure he doesn't overstay his welcome ;)

Got the guttering finished on the summerhouse and yet another water butt in place:rolleyes:, of course the rain has gone and the sun is back.

all sounds good news, thankfully........once he is home he will be happier....take care

• Thank You
Reactions: Rec
Sounds very industrious, Edina!
Patient came home weds afternoon, at the last minute they decided he should stay another night as we needed to talk to the doctor ( his one not there!) And get scan copies for UK follow up. Refused as his back is now bad from being immobile, and agreed to go back Thurs am (8.30! left at 7am!) Finally seen at 11am and they had not ordered the scans so got to go back againand collect them! Grumpy due to bad back and reluctant to rest, but tools are all locked in the area and it's raining, so will have to comply! Can't quite convince him he had a lucky escape but neighbours have all called and told him how bad he was and described helping the ambulance men (4 of them!) to carry him on the stretcher to the vehicle! So maybe he will believe that it wasn't just me! MEN!!
Trying to get him to plan our slow drive homewards as he can't drive and I only do short journeys ( fall asleep after a couple of hours!) Not got to be in UK till mid may so we can have an extended journey and he will relax as he can't do work on the barn! That's the plan anyway;);)

Used up some odd pieces of ply yesterday making a few bird boxes. When people see the bluetits using ours, they want one :rolleyes:. Just got enough old inner tube left for the roof hinges.
Getting too many 'worth keeping' bits of timber, so praps cut a load down to fire pit size for Annie's next trip down this way.

Used up some odd pieces of ply yesterday making a few bird boxes. When people see the bluetits using ours, they want one :rolleyes:. Just got enough old inner tube left for the roof hinges.
Getting too many 'worth keeping' bits of timber, so praps cut a load down to fire pit size for Annie's next trip down this way.
Hmmm like the idea of rubber for hinges.....good idea......

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back