Chat Room

Mr Brown is responsible for a lot of things, and here's the latest inspiration.

My first attempt at pastei de nata, will let you know how they tasted later... ;)

Just out of the oven & still risen...

pastei de nata-01.jpg

A few minutes later when they've cooled and sunk a bit, which I think they supposed to do (well, the ones from Lidl are!)...

pastei de nata-02.jpg

pastei de nata-03.jpg

father christmas and his elves on a sleigh just gone up the street.....2nd one this week.........all the bairns pile out into the street to see him .....they love it..........little one has gone home so he missed this santa.........
lovely that these people give their time on christmas eve to delight the children..........
nothing like this goes on where i live..........

merry-xmas.jpg

From us in Cream Tea Land

Off to the father-in-laws today to try and sort out his motorhome.

He let a friend borrow it and it`s come back with no habitation electrics or gas working, gawd only know what they`ve done to it.

Passenger side wing mirror cracked as is the rear off side corner on the skirt.

It`s also that low on fuel the light is on ( it was full when they took it ) and absolutely filthy as if they`ve been off-roading in it.

I`ve suggested maybe he thinks twice before lending it to anyone else.

Morning Chris. Been in and out all Xmas grandson duties today as his sister is in hospital today for blood cell check and more tests poor wee thing
How is your mother ?[/QUOTE]

Morning Gordon,
Mum's getting back to her old self - grumpy! She's had enough and keeps saying she just wants to go to sleep and not wake up; she can manage about the house now, so we're going for a ride to the coast later today.

We’ve been there and done as well with my m/i/l she just kept saying to me she was so tired! It must be an age thing the grumpiness,or maybe not!! :unsure:

My sister is looking after Mum for a while to give Dawn a break, so thought we'd pop over to Teignmouth for a stroll and a brekky; before 9 am and had a job to find a parking space :rolleyes:
Had a good brekky and a stroll round the 'What we didn't know we needed' shop, now back home with a coffee (y)

Is this thread now at an end? After a great Christmas with family and friends it all gone quiet at my house

Hello 2019! :)

Fresh pasteis de nata, just cooling down, one batch plain, one with cinnamon pastry. Mmmmm. ? Off to a New Year's Day dinner somewhere in the Durham countryside, the pastries are coming with us
1f609.png
Hope everyone had a good New Year's Eve - I fell asleep!!! That's what happens when you get to be an old codger ?? xx

So, Mr Brown, I would save you one if it was possible, honest! ? :D

Pasteis de nata cinnamon-04.jpg

Pasteis de nata cinnamon-04.jpgPasteis de nata-01.jpgPasteis de nata cinnamon-04.jpgPasteis de nata-01.jpgPasteis de nata-03.jpg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back