Chat Room

Sons a joiner and self employed trixie and he says no matter how small a job is he goes to see it!
i like to give jobs to local self emplyed jeanette.........however... it would seem that gasmen around here must be overrun with work.......dont know what it would be like if i needed a joiner............its good to know that your son does not go back on his word............you are all sorted for joinery work then........

i like to give jobs to local self emplyed jeanette.........however... it would seem that gasmen around here must be overrun with work.......dont know what it would be like if i needed a joiner............its good to know that your son does not go back on his word............you are all sorted for joinery work then........

Hmm ? I wish trixie..haha but I must admit he put my hard wood floor down with my youngest son then two sets of fitted wardrobes and then he made a cupboard in the small bedroom..so yes I am sorted for a joiner... only thing is I’ve waited about two years for my carpet strip it’s still in the packing...he keeps forgetting because it’s hard wood it needs cutting!!..haha

Morning campers,

Bit nippy out there this morning. Got a hospital appt at 09.10 so shouldn't be too much delay, then off to the coast for a stroll.

Morning folks

Trixie give MyBuilder a go. You make an account then post details of the job you want doing. Tradesmen will then give you a quote and you can either use them or not. You can check reviews from other customers as well

I have used them a couple of times and been very pleased with what we got and much less than we expected to pay as well.

My Builder link

Morning all sun is shining here today it would be a lovely day for a walk but doing babysitting duties and school run and doctors appointment ooh well never mind!

Morning folks

Trixie give MyBuilder a go. You make an account then post details of the job you want doing. Tradesmen will then give you a quote and you can either use them or not. You can check reviews from other customers as well

I have used them a couple of times and been very pleased with what we got and much less than we expected to pay as well.

My Builder link
ah, thanks nabsim...........i shall try and sort that,,,,not computer literate..so it may take me a while........probably wont get any calls back....gasmen seem to be so busy in the winter,,,,......or they charge an extortionate price...........also need to find someone who is friendly and does a good job....and who i can trust..
my normal gasman who i have used rtegularly for servicing th gas appliances for a good number of years, was not replying to my message.....guess he no longer wants small jobs.....ah well.......theres alway the hot water bottle.......lol

Lovely sunny day now.
Got seen quickly at t'hospital - another BCC, so on the waiting list to have it chopped out.

Morning all,
Our heating at home is on lpg because there is no mains gas near us. The auto changeover valve has been playing up, so bought a new valve and tails and managed to get it fitted yesterday, twixt the showers. Didn't think much about it until a neighbour told us what they had been charged to have the same thing fitted - think I was in the wrong trade :eek:

Morning all,
Our heating at home is on lpg because there is no mains gas near us. The auto changeover valve has been playing up, so bought a new valve and tails and managed to get it fitted yesterday, twixt the showers. Didn't think much about it until a neighbour told us what they had been charged to have the same thing fitted - think I was in the wrong trade :eek:
So is this another puzzle/game do we have to guess how much answers on a piece of paper please ???morning from a very wet Moffat.

Morning all,

When did you last see a poor plumber Chris?

I wanted my daughter to train as one but she wouldn't be persuaded.

Easiest of all the trades to learn, wish I'd gone in for it.

I was plumbing before we decided to buy a shop, and must admit
I didn't miss clambering about in fibre glass filled lofts :)

This morning:
Mum - "I didn't sleep very well last night"
Dawn - "Did you take your sleeping tablet?"
Mum - "No, I don't want to get addicted to them"
Sheeesh, at 103 does it matter?
peanut butter and banana sandwich with glass of milk can do the trick/////goodluck

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back