The decision has been made, solar madness is go!

Admin

Administator

After looking at my options I have decided to install 4 LG Neon2 320 watt solar panels on my motorhome.

I have ordered the bits and Rae will be helping me install the panels in December.

I intend on making a couple of videos and sharing the panel removal and reinstallation process with you.

If you have not already subscribed to my youtube channel, then please do so you will get a notification when the video is uploaded

https://www.youtube.com/PhilipTomlinson

Looking forward to the you tubers display team and installers.no doubt it will be a very very high standard set if rae has ought to do with it imho

With all that power you might as well go the full hog and fit electric motors on the wheels as well, they will be able to run on the spare capacity, be totally self sufficient then Phil. Lol

With all that power you might as well go the full hog and fit electric motors on the wheels as well, they will be able to run on the spare capacity, be totally self sufficient then Phil. Lol
Brake regeneration charging :)

Looking forward to seeing 4 of these panels installed on your on your motorhome.
I recently replaced (with thanks to Rae for his invaluable assistance) my existing 130W solar panel with one of these LG units.
Very pleased with the results.20181109_110333_HDR.jpg

Way to go. 1200 watts of solar and at least 400Ah of battery, plus decent split charger or B2B unit is just about right if you want to live in your motorhome rather than just camp

Way to go. 1200 watts of solar and at least 400Ah of battery, plus decent split charger or B2B unit is just about right if you want to live in your motorhome rather than just camp

I have:

600Ah+ of thin plate carbon deep cycle batteries.
230A max Victron Cyrix battery combiner relay (produces 100A of charge on tickover).
120A Victron multistage charger (in my inverter)

I will have:

1280 watts of solar panels.
100A Victron Smart Solar MPPT charger.

Spect you'll be mentioned in the credits at the end

'Wardrobe by Annabella'

Refreshments by Annabella
Stage Management by Annabella.........

Might even manage to appear in the test card........you can decide which character :LOL:

solar-man.png

After looking at my options I have decided to install 4 LG Neon2 320 watt solar panels on my motorhome.

I have ordered the bits and Rae will be helping me install the panels in December.

I intend on making a couple of videos and sharing the panel removal and reinstallation process with you.

If you have not already subscribed to my youtube channel, then please do so you will get a notification when the video is uploaded

https://www.youtube.com/PhilipTomlinson

Any particular reason for choosing those Phil?

Any particular reason for choosing those Phil?
I like to try the popular panels and gain experience with them. The Panasonic panels are really good and quite a few of our members have them fitted. The LG panels have different dimensions that meant they suited my requirements better, they also have 12 conductors in each of the cells and are very strong. The trade discount I get also meant they were over £50 per panel cheaper than the Panasonic panels.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back