The French Crit'Air sticker and UK blue badge holders

Just spotted this on the French Crit Air official site, I wonder if it applies to the Uk blue badge holders

View attachment 68702
I suspect there will be a similar provision for British Blue Badge holders, Jeff, but every Scheme is different, so you will have to read the Regs and may have t register to gain the exemption. There seems to be UK-wide exemptions for Fairground Vehicles and Historic [i.e. Leaded Petrol] Vehicles because these produce no harmful emissions, but may have produced brown envelopes in the lobbying? In Glasgow, 2 stroke engines are exempt as are all motorbikes

I was speaking to a Car Recovery Driver in Burntisland yesterday [to warn him that he was about to be booked for overstaying the 30 minute Parking Limit on A921], and he said his company had needed to stop using 3 of their vehicles in Glasgow because of the LEZ, 'which is why I'm in effing Fife today!' ...

The Clean Lungs Clean Air Mums keep banging on about traffic emissions; they never mention woodstoves, so perhaps they want the hidden pleasure of killing their offspring from the particulates in a loving domestic environment; or their heads are so far up their orifice, they can't see in the dark ...

Steve [outraged of Burntisland] ...
Steve

the blue badge doesn't carry much weight in England, not seen anything about having an attendance allowance before, usually, the vehicle has to be a mobility funded one to get anywhere or vehicles are registered with the DVLA as having 'disabled' or 'disabled passenger vehicle' tax class.

It's a seriously crap system, all the local hospitals are in the CAZ here, there is no joined up thinking or single site for exemptions for BB holders in England, not sure about Wales or Ireland.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back