The Future of M/h-ing is Here - well, nearly.

I sincerely believe the future is Hydrogen power as any and all existing internal combustion engined vehicles will be easy to convert and the entire distribution base is already in existence.

Listen to what Lord Bamford of JCB thinks about the future of Electric vehicles - V - Hydrogen

JCB are making it work and Ross Brawn of F1 fame believe HYDROGEN is the only way to go with of course the biggest advantages being cost, ease of distribution, emissions and freedom of ties to bloody China!

I doubt if I’ll still be using the van, or even still be about when we Have to choose between EV and or Hydrogen.
Out of the two, I know which one has my vote. I’m with JCB..

I don't know how many of you listened to the speech made by our PM at the end of the Conservative Party conference, but if you did you would have heard about there now being quite large fleets of buses running in the UK that are running on Hydrogen.

In the YouTube link I give above, Bamford goes on about the extortionate cost of electric vehicles of all types compared with internal combustion powered vehicles of like for like sizes!

I for one will NEVER buy an electric vehicle of any kind, not even a hybrid

I have heard that in London they are running electric buses with hydrogen fuel cells and there are similar small delivery vans operating also in London. Personally I would go for a hydrogen powered vehicle over an electric one.

A major car manufacturer quietly brought over a couple of hydrogen powered cars some time ago, to test them out in the UK.

After about a year they returned them and the subject was dropped.

It was a real shame as I think they are probably our best environmental future.

A major car manufacturer quietly brought over a couple of hydrogen powered cars some time ago, to test them out in the UK.

After about a year they returned them and the subject was dropped.

It was a real shame as I think they are probably our best environmental future.
My own belief is that if Ross Brawn and the F1 constructors can develop and prove the practicality of Hydrogen as a fuel source, allied to more heavy equipment, bus and lorry manufacturers all follow the lead made by JCB then who knows what can happen.

Another highly relevant factor could be the practicality of Hydrogen as a fuel source for aircraft as it could be used on slightly modified smaller engines fitted to lightweight aircraft and I am assured as a totally viable fuel for heavy, international aircraft that themselves are guilty of enormous levels of pollution! I am fortunate to know 2 exceptionally highly qualified aeronautical aerospace engineers who agree that what I have written here is highly possible.

And finally, shipping that mostly use the lowest quality fossil fuels that generate the highest levels of pollution, it would hardly be rocket science for these enormous boats to be fitted with their own Hydrogen production facilities to fuel their own engines.

I think Hyundai have one out already, and doesn't James may have some sort of Hydrogen car.

I would prefer a hydrogen-powered IC engine rather than something to charge a battery bank.

Yes I know those use Hydrogen as a power source, but they also rely on Chinese manufactured batteries and are also exceptionally heavy, whereas the JCB system doesn't require any batteries other than one to handle the starting of the engine and they are also very much lighter and cost a fraction of the price.
Hydrogen fuel cell is clearly not the way to go, IMHO.

XBUS_Standard_Camper_front.png
xbus is here on or off road versions available. All electric

• Standard chassis with camping module I + II. Couch surface approx. L210cm - W130cm.
  • Fridge, TV, hob, fresh water tank and sink.
  • 10 kWh battery capacity with approx. 200km range (optional up to 30 kWh and 600km ran
  • All-wheel drive and solar roof in 3 modules, sound system, recuperation and much more.
  • Price from 29,727.73 £ (incl. statutory value added tax)
3 hrs charging for 400km longer charge time with extra capacity batteries with range 800km. Batteries pull out from underneath shelving compartments. German made available UK soon. Other designs but this is a motorhome forum.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back