The journey begins.

We have moved on from Gibraltar and found some free parking in Marbella next to the Cepsa fuel station on a large plot of land that was covered in sand, it was over looking lovely beach that had a toilet open 24 hours and also you could fill a container with fresh water from either the tap by the toilet or there were showers on the beach, had a very quite night there. I've posted a couple of pictures, from there we set of to Sierra Nevada, fabulous drive, took us around 3 hours, the views were spectacular. It was very busy today as there was an event on, tommorow it will be nice and quite, it was that hot up there today, so much so that I ended sitting outside on one of the terraces in my teashirt, enjoying a few cold lagers at €1.50 a pint and tappas at €1 each. We have arranged our ski hire to start from tomorrow along with our lift pass, the skiing conditions are excellent, it last snowed on the 2nd February.

We are presently parked on the Mountain of Sierra Nevada, there is no longer any electric hookups unfortunately, we are staying at the upper carpark called Los Penones along with several other motorhomes. There are toilets less than 50 metres away and also a ski lift and a cafe. Fantastic spot and views, it is currently 4° outside but we are lovely and cosy in the motorhome though. I will post a video on motorhomer as not sure how to post one on wild camping. Oh and best of all it seems to be free, there is a shuttle bus that also runs down into the main ski resort of Pradollano, it cost €1.90 or you can buy 5 tickets to use or €5 for 5 days travel.

View attachment 42530View attachment 42531View attachment 42532View attachment 42533View attachment 42534View attachment 42535View attachment 42537View attachment 42538View attachment 42539View attachment 42540View attachment 42541
What beautiful views I am following your adventure avidly and I'm so envious I cannot wait until September when we set off in the bus for 4 weeks. Enjoy your adventure, awaiting your next update . I like all the Poi information I hope to benefit from it. Enjoy,WillyO.

We left the site on Bea's De Granada today, but not before going to the small restaurant in Bea's De Granada for our second visit, the food was that good the first time that we just had to go again and were not disappointed. We drove approx 250km to Mazarron, Murcia, mostly all motorway avoiding any toll roads. There is a large carpark on the seafront, that also has some great Rock formations, we have been advised that you can only stay here for 48 hrs as I've been told that the police don't like you staying longer than this, so we will head to Cartagena on Monday There are quite a few restaurants on the main Rd open and doing Menu Del Dai for between €10 to €12. Shall have to try one tommorow.

IMG_20190216_150834.jpgIMG_20190216_150843.jpgIMG_20190216_150854.jpgIMG_20190216_151007.jpgIMG_20190216_151039.jpgIMG_20190216_151121.jpgIMG_20190216_155136.jpgIMG_20190216_155119.jpg

As most of you know I am new to this game, but am I right in thinking that if you are not on a campsite and are parked up on a free carpark like I am at the moment that you are not supposed to have tables and chairs out around your motorhome, must be at least 25 vans with them out today, rather than walking less than 100yds to the beach, they risk getting us all thrown off.i noticed to police came around d last night at around 6.00pm but everyone had put them away by then. Or is it a case in the winter months the police aren't bothered and turn a blind eye to it. Haven't noticed any UK registered vans with them out and there are a few here. Perhaps we play by the rules as opposed to Jonny foreigner.

IMG_20190217_160543.jpgIMG_20190217_160536.jpg

Went for a Sunday dinner at Elliott's, about 200yds from were we are parked, well recommend it, but you need to book the night before as we managed to get the last table, 3 courses for €11.00 and €2.50 for a pint, we had roast beef and steak and Guinness pie, followed by Bailey's cheesecake and key lemon pie and cream. It was excellent.

IMG_20190217_125820.jpgIMG_20190217_125946.jpg

As most of you know I am new to this game, but am I right in thinking that if you are not on a campsite and are parked up on a free carpark like I am at the moment that you are not supposed to have tables and chairs out around your motorhome, must be at least 25 vans with them out today, rather than walking less than 100yds to the beach, they risk getting us all thrown off.i noticed to police came around d last night at around 6.00pm but everyone had put them away by then. Or is it a case in the winter months the police aren't bothered and turn a blind eye to it. Haven't noticed any UK registered vans with them out and there are a few here. Perhaps we play by the rules as opposed to Jonny foreigner.
Weather looks brilliant, what's the temperature there during the day?

It was cloudy this morning until about 2.00pm and then we had clear sky's and sun, there is a bit of a breeze so only around d 18° on the beach although my motorhome shows 21° but that is sheltered from the wind.found a rope swing on the beach, I couldn't help myself. Lol

IMG_20190217_160725.jpg

It was cloudy this morning until about 2.00pm and then we had clear sky's and sun, there is a bit of a breeze so only around d 18° on the beach although my motorhome shows 21° but that is sheltered from the wind.found a rope swing on the beach, I couldn't help myself. Lol
That what life's all about, work and loads of play. Thats what we work all our lives for, enjoy Mobilvetta!??

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back