The Netherlands

jagmanx

Some will have seen our journey.
We are now near Pied Piper land in Germany and so The Netherlands is soon we do not cross back to UK until early September
So all (polite) suggestions appreciated

wildebus

We are now near Pied Piper land in Germany and so The Netherlands is soon we do not cross back to UK until early September
Suggestions? Wave to my family as you drive past ;)

tonybvi

We’re doing a few weeks in the Netherlands soon, after doing the Edinburgh Fringe. So we’ll be looking for very very quiet places to stay for a lot of r & r!! Please tell us if you find any nice quiet places (preferably not campsites). Enjoy your trip and maybe we’ll bump into you both somewhere over there.
Tony & Sue

jagmanx

Hi Tony & Sue
As you may have noticed we almost never use campsites and prefer the quieter spots...will put on new page on our blog where we stay..
Phil & Nida

tonybvi

Last year on the way from Ijmuiden (Newcastle to Amsterdam ferry) to Germany we spent a couple of nights on an aire listed on Campercontact in Hoorn, north of Amsterdam. I chose it because I’m a fanatic about boats and this was on a marina. Hoorn is a great little town and although the aire isn’t special we liked the town so much that we stayed a bit longer than planned.

jagmanx

Useful.
We are thinking of going to northern Netherlands eg Harlingen and goind on the big dyke to Den Oever which will take us very near Hoorn.

Nosmo king

Hi, if your in “pied piper” country, Hamelin, then try and be in the town square, by the “Rathaus” (town hall) on the hour, as on the wall of the Rathaus you’ll see two large copper doors, these open on the hour and the story of the pied piper unfolds, well worth the visit, there are several rows of seats for you to relax, enjoy 😊