THEN SHE SAW FIREWORKS😀

What was the occasion Gordon?

What was the occasion Gordon?
Neil don't need an occasion oh sorry fireworks display was to do with th8s holiday weekend and someone mentioned Canada and other was on about mare day
but saying that I'm no sure if they need an excuse😀😀😀I'm no complaining mate😜its assumption day for Mary avery important day in the catholic religion and is celebrated like Christmas Day I believe

Last edited:
For anyone in the area, there'll be spectacular fireworks in Plymouth tomorrow and Thursday (17th and 18th August), when the National Fireworks Championships are held. Displays start at 9:30 pm. (clicky link)

Possibly due to this?
What an interesting read. I had heard of the Dieppe Raid but really knew nothing about it. The more I learn about some of the “operations” in both world wars the more I realise how many folk gave up their lives apparently needlessly. So many of the battles were catastrophic with no or little meaningful advantage to either side. With the motorhome we have done the sites of the Somme (what a truly humbling experience) and the D-day landings. The more I learn the more I realise what errors in planning and preparation were made, even in those operations claimed aa “successful”.

Yes indeed Tony, a humbling experience. A while back I did research on my fathers biological father, who died while my father was very young. I discovered my grandad is interned within the Rouen Military Cemetery, France. 2018 on heading back to the tunnel, I visited and paid my respects. Majority of the various WW1 graves are mainly French and British. 328 remains are from WW2, my grandad was shot down (RAF) Dec 1944.
https://www.cwgc.org/visit-us/find-...metery-details/16900/st-sever-cemetery-rouen/

I always try to avoid fireworks when I can these days as dogs are petrified by them, glad I wasn’t there but also glad you got a good display 😂😂
Ditto on the fireworks for animals we always had to give our mika metacalm she hated fireworks

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back