Thetford 220 swivel bowl of cassette

Barge1914

I’ve been sent a spare one of these. This version has a vent thingy on top which depresses when put in place. My current one has a green plug instead in the same position. Thetford dealers seem uncommunicative at the moment. Does anyone know what the vent is supposed to do, and whether it’s going to be a problem?

With our Cassette (same make) there is a yellow button.
This to be pushed when emptying as it lets air in thus preventing an airlock and giving a smoother flow to help eliminate spillage !

Hope thi si what yo are asking.

I,ve a green button on mine it also vents the cassette when in position rather than being round its oblong shape is this it

Last edited:
Still got the little button to depress when emptying. This one is a raised rectangular shape with little vents each side, when pushed into place it gets automatically depressed by a rib in the top of the receiving cavity. Since it looks like it would therefore be open I wondered if it was going to release a whiff that could permeate into the van, instead of outside via the the SOG.

Still got the little button to depress when emptying. This one is a raised rectangular shape with little vents each side, when pushed into place it gets automatically depressed by a rib in the top of the receiving cavity.
So it looks nothing like the picture of the part in my link ? which is rectangular with vents in the side

A picture is worth a thousand words, and a picture of each might be really useful!

A picture is worth a thousand words, and a picture of each might be really useful!
Theres only 3 controls on top a cassette the control for opening the flap a button to use for emptying to let air in and the pressure relief vent which I linked to

The green plug has replaced the automatic air vent that you still have on the new cassette

This automatic air vent only vents when inserted into toilet housing

When it is removed it seals otherwise you would have leakage when you walked the walk to the elsan

All down to the original cassette being fitted witha SOG !

You could probably ordera new green blank from SOG ?

Ah. Does that mean it will release a whiff when it’s in place? Pity if so, as we’ll need to use it in a day or so.

It will be less efficient at removing wiffs as the fan while running will draw air through the toilet bowl but also via that automatic air vent which is why its replaced with the green blanking plug

May be wrong but isn't the vent on opposite sides in the 2 cassettes

Interesting to see the photos. My SOG take-off replaces the automatic air vent and is mainly green in colour, which is why I was slightly mystified until I saw the photos.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back