Thetford N180 180L 3-Way Fridge

wildebus

FOR SALE:

This Fridge was in my Autotrail Motorhome and was the top of the range Thetford fridge of the time (2008).

This is a Thetford SES (Smart Energy Selection) N180 Fridge/Freezer, which in auto-mode will change between 12V (driving), 240V (Hookup) and Gas (Off-Grid) power sources without any intervention from the user. You can of course select the energy source manually as well if you prefer or you want to override the automatic choice.
The dimensions are 1245 x 525 x 603 (H x W x D). It does fit through a Motorhome habitation door (just!)

This is the fridge in question (not a great image - taken from a security camera still)
1627043463420.png
It has the traditional wood-effect front with light grey surround and is in excellent cosmetic condition.

I took it out for some trouble-shooting as it was not getting cold. Turned it upside down for a week, righted it again and it is working perfectly again (y)
(This fridge inversion thing is something that is recommended to do periodically with 3-Way Fridges but no one ever does as it is such a pain to do - so this has been done for you now :D )
I have cleaned the gas burner and adjusted the igniter. This lights on demand every time perfectly now. (y)
I have checked the chimney flue for blockages and sooting - none & none - and checked the chimney swirly thingy is present and fully intact - yes and yes. (y)
Photo of swirly thing dropping into chimney and the flue cap refitted.
1627043806698.png1627044524862.png

This shows how the Fridge cools down and stays cool
1627043074815.png

And the same for the Freezer Section
1627043123805.png

These temperatures were achieved with the fridge in the middle setting, so can be set to run colder or warmer to cope with different ambient temps
1627043212501.png

I thought before I put this up for sale on Ebay and a couple of Facebook groups I would see if anyone here is interested?
These Thetford fridges seem to go for (and I mean actually sell, not just get listed) for around £300 - £350. I am looking for offers over £200 to both get it out the way and to give me some funds towards a replacement electric-only Compressor Fridge (if you know my posts you know I am much more electrically-minded than gas!).

Available from the Scottish Borders for Collection only.
I am not warranting this fridge/freezer in any way, however all the tests I have done show it is working just as expected and I see no reason why it will not continue to give many years further service.

FOR SALE:

This Fridge was in my Autotrail Motorhome and was the top of the range Thetford fridge of the time (2008).

This is a Thetford SES (Smart Energy Selection) N180 Fridge/Freezer, which in auto-mode will change between 12V (driving), 240V (Hookup) and Gas (Off-Grid) power sources without any intervention from the user. You can of course select the energy source manually as well if you prefer or you want to override the automatic choice.
The dimensions are 1245 x 525 x 603 (H x W x D). It does fit through a Motorhome habitation door (just!)

This is the fridge in question (not a great image - taken from a security camera still)
View attachment 60442
It has the traditional wood-effect front with light grey surround and is in excellent cosmetic condition.

I took it out for some trouble-shooting as it was not getting cold. Turned it upside down for a week, righted it again and it is working perfectly again (y)
(This fridge inversion thing is something that is recommended to do periodically with 3-Way Fridges but no one ever does as it is such a pain to do - so this has been done for you now :D )
I have cleaned the gas burner and adjusted the igniter. This lights on demand every time perfectly now. (y)
I have checked the chimney flue for blockages and sooting - none & none - and checked the chimney swirly thingy is present and fully intact - yes and yes. (y)
Photo of swirly thing dropping into chimney and the flue cap refitted.
View attachment 60443View attachment 60445

This shows how the Fridge cools down and stays cool
View attachment 60439

And the same for the Freezer Section
View attachment 60440

These temperatures were achieved with the fridge in the middle setting, so can be set to run colder or warmer to cope with different ambient temps
View attachment 60441

I thought before I put this up for sale on Ebay and a couple of Facebook groups I would see if anyone here is interested?
These Thetford fridges seem to go for (and I mean actually sell, not just get listed) for around £300 - £350. I am looking for offers over £200 to both get it out the way and to give me some funds towards a replacement electric-only Compressor Fridge (if you know my posts you know I am much more electrically-minded than gas!).

Available from the Scottish Borders for Collection only.
I am not warranting this fridge/freezer in any way, however all the tests I have done show it is working just as expected and I see no reason why it will not continue to give many years further service.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back