Thetford revolutionises RV toilet and waste water infrastructure

I've seen a Norwegian made loo for boats and Motorhome that hardly ever needs emptying!
It stores the waste and then incinerate it ( uses gas ), so you just need to empty ash occasionally.
It is quite large and heavy also €5,000 or so plus fitting.
I have read about an American model that uses waste heat from your engine exhaust to evaporate all the water.

This is similar to what you get in RV’s. Says for large motorhomes so probably need to have a bus, coach or lorry to fit it all in.

ok so a bit confused, is the video showing the emptying of the black water down a drain? Also the cynic in me sees you being limited to buying thetford dosing modules.

The video goes on to show a list of emptying points. It’s the same thing RV’s do except they have to pull out the pipes, no fancy handle. Back flush with grey is normal as well but not sure if the RV’s use grey to flush the loo.

ok so a bit confused, is the video showing the emptying of the black water down a drain? Also the cynic in me sees you being limited to buying thetford dosing modules.
The toilet uses grey water to flush. This in turn saves fresh water. The w/c has an integral macerator allowing small diameter discharge pipe. As there are no solids the discharge pipe can be positioned over any foul water drain to empty the tank.

I think you are right and the user will need to buy the Thetford dosing modules.

Not very revolutionary , its just automated as much as possible what you already do with a US RV water system You still need big holding tanks ., so big payload , big vehicle . Probably costs a pretty penny for the lack of effort needed by the owner .

‘The toilet uses grey water to flush‘
that could be a very smelly toilet until you have done enough washing / washing up to have some grey water To flush it.....

Does this mean that I cannot leave my grey water tap to dribble, as I won’t have any grey to flush

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back