Thetford Toilet Cistern

alleng

The Thetford toilet cistern in our motorhome has developed brown/orange staining which appears to be below the surface. We've tried three different cleaning products and these make no difference. Has anyone seen this before and knows what the cause and cure might be. Photos attached.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Weird, I quite like the way it looks in the pic though, looks marbled, It's not actually a cistern just a glorified plinth to house the button/display the water comes from the fresh tank.

No idea how to cure it, I'd be inclined to give Thetford tech a call 01709 766750 I think.

Weird, I quite like the way it looks in the pic though, looks marbled, It's not actually a cistern just a glorified plinth to house the button/display the water comes from the fresh tank.

No idea how to cure it, I'd be inclined to give Thetford tech a call 01709 766750 I think.
Many thanks. I've just made contact and am sending them the photos.

Yes. marblised look. I agree, looks funky :) Maybe disguise the 'problem' with some more fake effects :) can be tricky to fix discoloured plastic to make it look as before.

This (from Thetford) is because we've used a product with bleach as an active ingredient. Thetford branded products have been tested against their products and are safe in this respect. A replacement may have to be sought. Any ideas?

What a load, you can't use bleach on a Thetford loo, I think we always have, we don't buy their expensive products anyway, I'd like to see the info where it actually tells you that.

First thing is how old is the van?

Does it affect it's use?

Are you bothered about it very much?

I would be inclined to make it look similar all over "marbled" and live with it as a design alternative and stuff them, I'd certainly not be buying another.

I think it is called a Console, I'd call Jackson Leisure to confirm if you can get one.

Thetford C260 93028 CONSOLE

Parts PDF https://www.jacksonsleisure.com/content/pdf/thetford/spares/Spare part list Cassette Toilet C260.pdf

Used one

Could you paint the cistern with a plastic paint...lots on here have more idea of exact type. Match it to another colour in bathroom maybe....or go down the " marbled look" route.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back