Thetford winter fridge vent covers

The wind was so bad in the highlands in September , and the flame kept blowing out . I put kitchen foil on inside it worked ..

There's a fair lip insidegerry so I'd think it be ok as long as it was shaped for the flue section to be kept clear

Last edited:
I was just thinking a flat sheet of alloy, fixings I haven’t figured yet ?.

What I can't understand is that most of the ones shown cover the whole vent areas, surely the top one shouldn't cover the flue area? Like this video

Regards,
Del

Thats my thoughts .ls300 is the right size for mine, but they cover the total vent area.
That's the same ones as I would need, maybe they are expecting you to use them when in storage? Rather than living in the van :)
I was thinking that maybe you could cut some holes in the flue area using an hole saw :unsure:

Regards,
Del

There's a fair lip insidegerry so I'd think it be ok as long as it was shaped for the flue section to be kept clear
Next time I see you mind let me see inside your vent :eek: because never had a caravan or motorhome I don't know what the flue section is or looks like, sounds like a wee project or send me a pic on WhatsApp

wow they are expensive, £60 for two :cry:
Yes thay can be expensive and they do get knicked , I know of a couple of instances where they have been taken from a camp site or French Aire Could be a good idea to mark them somehow to make them less knickable

To a certain extent what is the point of marking them ? Once they’re gone they’re gone, especially abroad

My lower vent is '500' style so I need 2 of the full width screens - as sold in pairs I had to buy two sets!
At least I got a couple of spare clips that way 😀
Now they are a silly price!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back