This is going to be interesting

Iandsm

This is going to be interesting

I have great hopes for Motorhomer.com and look forward to contributing. My reason for joining is my interest in motorhomining and associated matters, travel, food etc. I am possibly about to make myself an unpopular new member but I have grown very tired of other motorhome sites where there are a number of members who seem to take over with great many posts, often of a non motorhome type or personal banter/drivel which are of no interest to anyone else and might be better on a social media site such as Twitter or Facebook. Of course I realise that this type of content might be of interest to some and that a little banter between members is healthy but suggest it should not be at the expense of the main thrust of the site which is motorhoming and associated matters.

The layout of Motorhomer.com appears to accommodate personal choice as to what to see and filter in/out and this is really attractive. I can see there are others who have "Jumped ship" perhaps with similar views to me or perhaps not. Anyway, as I said, I have great hopes.

Welcome from me.

Is it possible that you are Richard from MHF?

If it's the same man, then what do you do with your time now that XH558 has flown her last. I always looked forward to posts about her, and take great care with the mug I bought from you.

HurricaneSmith;n12354 said:
Welcome from me.

Is it possible that you are Richard from MHF?

If it's the same man, then what do you do with your time now that XH558 has flown her last. I always looked forward to posts about her, and take great care with the mug I bought from you.

No, not not guilty. I am not Ricard, but Ian

Oh well, never mind Ian. Welcome anyway!

Hi and welcome along. Most forums that thrive need a varied selection of topics as well as the core topic.

Hi and welcome I'll try not to overwhelm you with too much banter and drivel but it's what I do on occasions. :Smiling_Face_with_T

Hello and welcome :b0231:

Iandsm;n12328 said:
I have great hopes for Motorhomer.com and look forward to contributing. My reason for joining is my interest in motorhomining and associated matters, travel, food etc. I am possibly about to make myself an unpopular new member but I have grown very tired of other motorhome sites where there are a number of members who seem to take over with great many posts, often of a non motorhome type or personal banter/drivel which are of no interest to anyone else and might be better on a social media site such as Twitter or Facebook. Of course I realise that this type of content might be of interest to some and that a little banter between members is healthy but suggest it should not be at the expense of the main thrust of the site which is motorhoming and associated matters.

The layout of Motorhomer.com appears to accommodate personal choice as to what to see and filter in/out and this is really attractive. I can see there are others who have "Jumped ship" perhaps with similar views to me or perhaps not. Anyway, as I said, I have great hopes.

:b0231:Hello

There are specific sections on the site for both the things you seem to like and the things you don't. by keeping them to there own sections it gives people like yourself to read only the parts that interest them. I'm sure no one will condemn you for not caring much for the "social media" side of things. It's all about personal preference.
:b0212:

Iandsm;n12328 said:

Well I quote myself. I have been looking around the site since my first post and I like what I see, so much so I just paid my £19.95! Seems to me a great resource for the motorhomer and I look forward to my first year.

Iandsm;n13794 said:
Well I quote myself. I have been looking around the site since my first post and I like what I see, so much so I just paid my £19.95! Seems to me a great resource for the motorhomer and I look forward to my first year.

:Thumbs_Up_Hand_Sign

Hi and welcome :b0212:

well it takes allsorts to make the world spin and i one of those wit the drivel

Iandsm;n12328 said:

Hi Ian and welcome :b0231:

I think you'll be absolutely fine here. Motorhomer promises to be a really great mix of people and topics, so something for everyone. With the separate forum sections, you should be able to dip in and out of what suits you best... and even go for a bit of a rant in the 'Speakeasy' section if you want :cool:

I respect that people have different reasons for joining a forum and I'll happily confess to loving the chatter and banter - the meets and social gatherings too. My motorhome has become a vital means of getting away from an empty house to spend time with like-minded friends and explore new places. Once you've met up with the lovely people on here, it's hard not to join in the chit-chat and banter. They're a generous and helpful bunch too with so much experience and expertise to share.

Enjoy!

Campervanannie;n12658 said:
Hi and welcome I'll try not to overwhelm you with too much banter and drivel but it's what I do on occasions. :Smiling_Face_with_T

On occasions!!!! :Tears_of_Joy_Emoji::Tears_of_Joy_Emoji::Tears_of_Joy_Emoji::Tears_of_Joy_Emoji::Tears_of_Joy_Emoji:

Haaamster;n14227 said:
On occasions!!!! :Tears_of_Joy_Emoji::Tears_of_Joy_Emoji::Tears_of_Joy_Emoji::Tears_of_Joy_Emoji::Tears_of_Joy_Emoji:

Sshh I was trying to lull him/her into a false sense of security :Wink_Emoji:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back