This morning started with a bang

It looks quite off centre to the spring leaf, assuming that is what it is, I wouldn’t mind betting the other side could well be on it’s way out.

No idea what’s happened but that looks. Complicated and expensive.??

Take it the van won’t drive at all with the suspension down and it will have to be repaired where it sits. Not good ☹️

Blank off the air feed. reinflate then jack up vehicle on blown side stick in a block of wood , remove jack ,drive onto low loader . :)
If you have any trouble sourcing air spring (should not) Saf-Holland , very good for odd ones , and good prices . I replaced two on my RV at half quoted UK supply from RV dealers.

Last edited:
oh dear......hope you manage to get it sorted without too much bother...........what will you do if you cannot get it on a truck to get it to the garage............looks like a big headache............good luck......fingers crossed for you..

As Steve says , can you not cap the feed to the damaged one ,then drive it onto recovery truck . In my truck I have spare air line adaptors , including end blanking caps

Is it not possible to get the supplier to send one to you and then get it fitted?
This would be a lot safer than bodging it to get it on the truck.

Ouch that looks bad hope it’s an easy fix for you.

Good luck, Phil.. Make the bu99ers pay.
You didn't choose for it to happen.

Wow ! Must have been one hell of a bang to split the bag like that rather than just puncture it

Over pressured ?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back