This year Christmas Present.

snapster

We have been without a dog for about 18 months since our Beagle died.
We decided we wouldn’t get another, the benefits of not having a dog are many, but soon pale after time, so we decided to look for another.
About an hour from us is an animal rescue centre and we have been keeping an eye on their dogs, then we saw this old lady looking for a retirement home. She is 10, her last owner died a few months ago and she had been living with a neighbour since.
We picked her up on Wednesday, she is so sweet and gentle.
Here she is on today’s walk.
1A8A6EA9-91EE-44EC-B90E-26B5C152545C.jpeg

I'm a cat person, not dog TBH, but she looks great and I bet will make a fine companion. Good on you for helping her with a new home as well :D

I would love to rehome and help some cats but our cat is very much a lone operator and will not entertain the idea of another cat in the vicinity :(
(we should have had two, but her twin brother - 'Biggles' - died between us seeing them as tiny kittens and collecting them a few weeks later 😢).
So as an alternative, have a sponsored pen at Cats Protection in Belfast so helping them remotely

Same. We just got a kitten, also have two older cats....
View attachment 57965

So cute!

OP, nice to re-home a dog, hope you have some great times together.
We have a few local cats that have adopted our garden. We regularly see them sitting around. Not sure how long they will still be visiting now though!
I’m afraid we couldn’t get a cat of our own, I am allergic to them. I used to have 3, and it wasn’t till the last one left us, that my excema and watery eyes cleared up..........

We have a few local cats that have adopted our garden. We regularly see them sitting around. Not sure how long they will still be visiting now though!
I’m afraid we couldn’t get a cat of our own, I am allergic to them. I used to have 3, and it wasn’t till the last one left us, that my excema and watery eyes cleared up..........
I thought I was as well until I moved into a brand new flat around 25 years ago, leaving the cat with my mum and had leather and wood furnishings (so nothing for dust and hair to settle into) and the sneezing and itchy eyes all went after many years of suffering from hayfever like issues.
Out of interest, Female cats are less prone to setting off allergic reactions due to their different pheromones if anyone has slight reactions but would also like a cat.

That’s interesting, I had two female cats when my symptoms were the worse. I then had a male tabby from a kitten. I still had itchy eyes and dry skin, but thinking about it, it wasn’t as bad as it was with the two girls. So that appears to be the opposite, unless it was because I just had one cat.

That’s interesting, I had two female cats when my symptoms were the worse. I then had a male tabby from a kitten. I still had itchy eyes and dry skin, but thinking about it, it wasn’t as bad as it was with the two girls. So that appears to be the opposite, unless it was because I just had one cat.

I would imagine the make of cat has a lot to do with it. Our female British short hair was fine with our neighbour who gets allergic. The boy of unknown origin set the neighbour off straight away. He leaves loads more fluff everywhere than she does.

The new one is BSH cross ragdoll apparently, and female. so, who knows how that will go lol.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back