Time to Say Goodbye to our beloved Bentley indigo

Pauljenny

Goodbye to a Good Friend ..

Looking like we may have to say goodbye to our beloved 11 plate Bentley Indigo, 2 berth van. ( Google for details. ).
We watched it being built, and had a major input into the equipment.
Best van we've ever seen, in 20 years of motor homing. We're heart broken.
Jenny has a severe attack of shingles, we're stuck in Portugal, as she's the driver and can't travel for the foreseeable future.

We're looking at repatriation and talking to our AA breakdown insurers.

Auto, full delux front-end. All bells and whistles.. Twin swivel seats.. Air con, Built in Tom Tom
New batteries, tyres and step, this summer..
Twin Gaslows,
Solar socket, no microwave, but extra storage.
We'll include all warning triangles, silver screens, 2 free standing solar panels, levelling ramps. Rear parking sensors.. D ring to Hab door, Renault ,Thatcham alarm with deadlocks... Etc.
New..ish.. carpets.. Upholstery always covered over..
Full FSH.
Downside.. Patch of rattle fatigue surface cracks , dinner plate size on , rear offside panel.. Could be hidden by decal, but we haven't had time here . Photos available.
Potential electrical fault on servo motor terminals, that drives the gearchange unit. Failed at 22500 and 45000 miles, every 3½ years needs insulation strengthened, to prevent arcing to chassis. I have a spare, ready to fit
Recently done at a cost of 45 Euros, ½ an hour.
Body work and graphic decals are sunburnt and faded, as it's never experienced an English winter.

Looking at £26, 000 , or thereabouts. A saving of £ 4 grand on the dealer price.

If interested, PM me.

Sorry to read of your problems,can you not hang on eventually things will improve and you may be able to return to camping. In the mean time I hope you get better soon .

Thanks for the good wishes,
The van needs an MOT on 16 June.
I know it's not a problem if a pre booked test is set up.
Because of age and other problems, we were already considering selling the van and retiring, this summer.
This has brought matters to a head.

could you get someone to drive it back to uk for you.........then pay for their airticket back again....or the other way round..........fly someone in to your place from uk ...then they could drive it back for you to uk..............you have probably thought of this already tho........it could be a great adventure for someone.........
do hope jenny gets better soon.....goood luck to you both.....hope you get things sorted.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back