Tiny beeping noise from behind Fiat dashboard

Barge1914

We’ve got a tiny high pitched beeping sound coming from somewhere behind the centre of the dashboard. It’s a bit like the warning beep you get from an unclosed Dometic fridge, or an unbelted seatbelt. But much quieter and intermittent, sometimes almost like morse code. No warning lights lit anywhere, and only does it when moving or when ignition on....I think! Any ideas??

Do you have an after market Alarm fitted or an electric step?

I know this isn't your problem but just something that happened to me, my Fiat Panda made a similar noise to the one you describe, I spent two months trying to find a noise when I braked or deviated from a straight line etc., it sounded like an electrical short/malfunction but I couldn't find anything faulty that would cause the noise, eventually after giving the car a good clean Maggy found this in a compartment, it turned out to be something that awoke drivers up if they were tired, it fits behind the ear and beeps if you nod or tilt your head when you are tired

512ga8VW88L._SL1001_.jpg512ga8VW88L._SL1001_.jpg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07GKXZ...t=&hvlocphy=1006606&hvtargid=pla-563830034073

She still hasn't let me forget it

I heard a funny noise when leaving my drive the other day - then I realised it was the sat nav telling me I was entering a 30mph limit. I'm sure it's never done that before! I was only moving at about 5 mph.

Barge1914 I hope when you find out what it is you let us know some of us are going to have sleepless nights until we find out what it is. ?

Barge1914 I hope when you find out what it is you let us know some of us are going to have sleepless nights until we find out what it is. ?
Went to get in the Habitation door today and found it wouldn’t open with the central locking key fob. The step went down ok. Went in through drivers door to see from the inside what happened. When I operated the key the inner handle twitched slightly but Insufficiently to open the door. So now I’ve got another problem to figure out...I wonder if they are related. Meanwhile...any ideas on where to begin to sort out the lock?

Went to get in the Habitation door today and found it wouldn’t open with the central locking key fob. The step went down ok. Went in through drivers door to see from the inside what happened. When I operated the key the inner handle twitched slightly but Insufficiently to open the door. So now I’ve got another problem to figure out...I wonder if they are related. Meanwhile...any ideas on where to begin to sort out the lock?
Watching with interest as my hab door lock has broken though thanks to the guys on here we know what’s wrong just waiting for better weather to fix it.

Hows the battery in your key if it's low would it beep. My house hold alarm remote does and noises can be very hard to locate unless continuous I know the first time ours went took a couple of days before we found what it was

In a similar vein to witzends reply. My smoke alarms in both house and Motorhome bleep periodically when the battery needs changed. However this doesn’t quite fit with the source which you think is perhaps under the dash.

Davy

I would 2nd TeamRienzaks idea of checking the batteries in smoke or carbon monoxide detectors

Years ago i thought the passnger seat on my vw was squeaking very occasionally, this was driving me nuts , i oiled all moving parts etc and while driving was actively listening for it

Turned out to be smoke alarm above it

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back