Toasters

MarkJ

Free Member

Toasters

I do like a slice of toast in the morning - butter with marmalade or honey - but hard to do on a hob. I bought one of these cos saw it in a camping shop and it was only a few £.....

Found it was completely useless. And then I read a review on Amazon saying the only good thing about it was that it was "small enough to fit in the rubbish bin". A bit harsh, but only a bit.

Thinking of lashing out in something like:

What do we think? Anybody got the world's best hob toasting gadget?

Attachments

• photo3028.jpg
    photo3028.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 61AI91K-gnL._SL1000_.jpg
    61AI91K-gnL._SL1000_.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Which was the useless one? We had the circular thing when camping and it worked well after Dave "tied" the top together with wire as it kept folding up! Don't need one now as we have a grill in motorhome and no tent!

we have a grill so don't have that problem. however we do have the sandwich toaster which we were introduced to by Annie. it makes delicious toasties over a gaz burner. there are different makes but the end result is the same.

Lee;n32981 said:
we have a grill so don't have that problem. however we do have the sandwich toaster which we were introduced to by Annie. it makes delicious toasties over a gaz burner. there are different makes but the end result is the same.

Funny reading this as I just got mine out of the van and gave it a good scrub ready for Hereford lol.

I had one of those circular ones years ago, it was useless. I bought one of these when I had my Sundance 'cos the grill was useless:

Should have read this last week I guess. A mate has a new Bolero and was saying how toast is rubbish so I ordered the toaster as a surprise pressie for him. I knew Caz would complain if I didn’t get one for us so ordered two!

I will let you know what we both think when we have tried them out, at least they are cheap if they don’t work ha ha

MarkJ;n32930 said:
I do like a slice of toast in the morning - butter with marmalade or honey - but hard to do on a hob. I bought one of these cos saw it in a camping shop and it was only a few £.....

Found it was completely useless. And then I read a review on Amazon saying the only good thing about it was that it was "small enough to fit in the rubbish bin". A bit harsh, but only a bit.

Thinking of lashing out in something like:

What do we think? Anybody got the world's best hob toasting gadget?
Tried many different versions and have now two of them and found them to do the job satisfactory

Attachments

• photo3128.png
    photo3128.png
    288.7 KB · Views: 6
The laird;n34548 said:
Tried many different versions and have now two of them and found them to do the job satisfactory

:Thumbs_Up_Hand_Sign up for the same one, you do have to watch it though as it only takes a few seconds to toast your slice of bread.

Regards,
Del

alwaysared;n34563 said:
:Thumbs_Up_Hand_Sign up for the same one, you do have to watch it though as it only takes a few seconds to toast your slice of bread.

Regards,
Del

Agree with you on that as we always cover the smokey or it goes off then the mutt sings (no the Mrs)

The flat toaster shown by Admin above is what we have found the best of the bunch when using on a gas hob/burner, as long as you keep an eye on it; very quick to burn the toast.....

We bought one of these toaster & also found it rubbish. Went in bin after first trip out. :(

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back