Today Snap

Reminds me of being stuck on the Container Base, Trafford Park and Seaforth Docks, Liverpool back in the early 80`s.

On one occasion i was on Trafford Park for 4 days, never moved an inch then we all got told to vacate the premises immediately.

Never did find out why and i took the container back to our yard which then went to a different port to be shipped abroad.

Would also have to queue at Seaforth regularly for between 24 and 48 hours.

They have done away with one of the ferry routes to and from Hull, it ended about a month or so back I think. From local talk it will not be getting reinstated when things settle down but not sure how accurate that is.

They have done away with one of the ferry routes to and from Hull, it ended about a month or so back I think. From local talk it will not be getting reinstated when things settle down but not sure how accurate that is.
I'm surprised....I thought come January they would be encouraging more traffic to travel via hull rather than trecking south.

We went for a beach walk yesterday at Elling Southampton which overlooks Southampton Container port, we watched a huge container ship leaving the berth, 3 tugs in attendance, containers piled up to the sky aboard the ship, we could see the straddle machines dashing about in the port, very busy everywhere. The M271 into Southampton at Millbrook has been improved after long delays to traffic and is now fully open so trucks should have faster access to the port, less delays too maybe.

I'm surprised....I thought come January they would be encouraging more traffic to travel via hull rather than trecking south.
One of son in laws mates was skipper on one of the ferry’s Sue, says the Zebrugge route is gone for good. Time will tell if it needs reopening but I suspect they will use a super port.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back