Toilet top tank Black sludge/blacteria

scoobydiver

How do people get rid of black deposits of sludge/gunk out of the top flush tank of your loo, I drained ours down the other day and removed the toilet roll holder/ pump access to find loads of black sludge like bacteria , how do you clean it out and with what. We have always used pink top flush fluid Tia

You can buy a cleaner to dissolve the crud then flush it out with a low pressure hose via the water level tube or suck it out with another pump ( not the flush pump). Most caravan shops will have it.
K ;)

You can buy a cleaner to dissolve the crud then flush it out with a low pressure hose via the water level tube or suck it out with another pump ( not the flush pump). Most caravan shops will have it.
K ;)
Thank you , any idea what it's called ?

I used to get that problem when using the pink flush additive. Suggest you use Elsan green toilet fluid when you've eventually got rid of the black bits.

I had exactly the same problem after using the pink stuff for a couple of years. I got it all cleaned out and stopped adding anything to the flush tank at all just plain water... haven't had a problem since. I regularly wipe the toilet bowl itself with Zoflora or antibac wipes. I figured if it's OK for a toilet flush tank at home to use plain water, why do we spend money on flush additives in the van?

Thanks for the suggestions , I went with the cleaning fluid in the end , it was bad and had to do it twice but all good now thanks !

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back