Toll Tag

Ardachaidh

I know some have the Sanef toll tag(s) for France & Spain. Where do you fix them? We have a Ducato, '19 model. I don't know if it has an athermic windscreen, but the instructions say to fix the tag on the mottled/shaded area where the rear view mirror is. We don't have a mirror but there is a grey area and this is where I've placed it. I know I can always wave it out the window if necessary, while others have said they've fixed at the bottom of the screen.

Any thoughts from those who've used the tag in a Ducato-type van much appreciated. Graham

We travelled through France this week and the tag worked well apart from one road where we had to detach it and wave from lower down the windscreen. The French tag requires you to drive right up to the barrier. When we got to Spain the tag opened the barrier just as you entered, before reaching the booth. Really pleased with its simplicity.

Reactions: Rec
Is it sanef in Portugal as well I thought there’s was different or is it just fully automated that’s the difference.
Is it worth doing it, we’ve just used cards in span France when we’ve used tolls !!!

The French tag requires you to drive right up to the barrier. Really pleased with its simplicity.
But not in the 30km lanes usually found at the left or right hand sides at peage it opens without you having to stop in those

Does anybody know if this will work with Motorhomes over 3.5 tonnes and can they invoice you online or pay by Direct Debit?
It reads that they send the invoice to your house, no good if you are still away.

Does anybody know if this will work with Motorhomes over 3.5 tonnes and can they invoice you online or pay by Direct Debit?
It reads that they send the invoice to your house, no good if you are still away.
You register your card for direct debit you get invoice 14 days before they take the money. For motorhomes 3 mtrs height is the limit not weight

Tha
You register your card for direct debit you get invoice 14 days before they take the money. For motorhomes 3 mtrs height is the limit not weight
Thanks for your quick reply. So if I weigh 3800, do I register as a light vehicle or a pro vehicle?

Also think theres a limit to 2 axles and no trailers.

Tha

Thanks for your quick reply. So if I weigh 3800, do I register as a light vehicle or a pro vehicle?
Just on phone now so can,t go thru site but its the left hand choice on their web site as I remember

So if I weigh 3800, do I register as a light vehicle or a pro vehicle?
Looking thru the site a pro vehicle is a vehicle used by a professional where you have to fill in your company name. motorhomes are class 2 as long as under 3 mtrs height and 2 axles so use light vehicle IMO

A friend of a friend of a friend 😉 has a toll tag registered to his car. He also has a single axle motorhome over 3.5 tonnes.
He has used this tag with his motorhome for several years - it recognises the motorhome as class 2 and charges him accordingly but does not charge the higher rate for +3.5t.

Brilliant, thanks a lot. Have applied for one and will see how we get on.
Can it be used in Spain and Portugal, or is it just France?

Brilliant, thanks a lot. Have applied for one and will see how we get on.
Can it be used in Spain and Portugal, or is it just France?
Just France we just had ours 2 yrs now and wish we had it years ago no charges unless you use it and then none if you use it 3 times in the month their help line is good I emailed a question and they phoned back with English speaker to answer my query where there's 30 lanes marked by lit 30 signs you only have to slow down no stopping
Their month is calendar so use it on the 31st and then again on the 1st and its 2 charges

Just France we just had ours 2 yrs now and wish we had it years ago no charges unless you use it and then none if you use it 3 times in the month their help line is good I emailed a question and they phoned back with English speaker to answer my query where there's 30 lanes marked by lit 30 signs you only have to slow down no stopping
Their month is calendar so use it on the 31st and then again on the 1st and its 2 charges
Ok, that’s brilliant, and thanks for the tips. I’m wondering now if anyone does one for Spain and Portugal as well.

Have a look at this link,

I believe it is sold under a couple of different names. I have no experience of it as we have an atmb tag and only visit Spain and Portugal for small periods of time. Last year we used the easytoll system in Portugal.

Davy

When I enetered Portugal on the E1 on the 28/2 there was a lane for foreign vehicles. Put your credit or debit card in and then take it out as instructed. It clocks your reg no automatically. Your card will then be charged every time you go on one of the motorways using that system. There are supposed to be 3 different systems in use in Portugal. Very helpful.
In Spain I did not use paid Motorways; so can't help there.

Have a look at this link,

I believe it is sold under a couple of different names. I have no experience of it as we have an atmb tag and only visit Spain and Portugal for small periods of time. Last year we used the easytoll system in Portugal.

Davy
Thanks Davy, that’s really useful, going to study it properly when I get home tonight. Thanks again.

When I enetered Portugal on the E1 on the 28/2 there was a lane for foreign vehicles. Put your credit or debit card in and then take it out as instructed. It clocks your reg no automatically. Your card will then be charged every time you go on one of the motorways using that system. There are supposed to be 3 different systems in use in Portugal. Very helpful.
In Spain I did not use paid Motorways; so can't help there.
Very interesting Meg, thanks very much, it all seems very straightforward. Safe travels.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back