TOMAR..PORTUGAL

Pauljenny

I've met a motorhomer who spent 3 nights, last week on the Municipal Campsite.
While it's officially closed, they have opened it to motorhomers as a free aire. Just a dump point and access to a tap.
Not crowded and mainly Portuguese vans, the odd German, and remarkably few French ones...

Yes Tomar is open as a temporary site and well worth spending a few days in the area ,there are Lots of interesting bits of the old town to see it is also worth going about 2 kilometers outside to look at the aqueduct .If spending time locally there are other free sites within half hours drive that are well worth going to. I would recommend Constancia and Barquinha.

I've met a motorhomer who spent 3 nights, last week on the Municipal Campsite.
While it's officially closed, they have opened it to motorhomers as a free aire. Just a dump point and access to a tap.
Not crowded and mainly Portuguese vans, the odd German, and remarkably few French ones...

That's interesting, Paul.
I also met an odd German - in Fuengirola, Spain.
Could it be the same person?
We deserve to be told.

Colin ???

we stayed there in october several vans there bit of a tight turn in but a short walk to the river & centre and plenty of parking at the stunning castle , as others have said a large municipal still got live in staff but no input from them , being a typical portugese site there are no pitches you just stake your claim, as the picture states there was a notice from the council saying it would be developed as an aire but the letter was 18 months old when we were there,65A11B1B-8514-42EE-82FF-589253BA9908.png

That's interesting, Paul.
I also met an odd German - in Fuengirola, Spain.
Could it be the same person?
We deserve to be told.

Colin ???

Little Chap, toothbrush moustache, leather shorts and silly hat with feather in the side... ?
Nothing odd about him ....
No this one had a sense of humour.. !

Also don’t forget Tomar is one of the cheapest places to eat in that I have found , bread olives main course. Pud and coffee plus wine . Around 7euroe,s That’s why I like living here.

Give over, you two, you're making our feet itch.
The minute we are allowed to travel again, we'll be buying a jalopy and taking off..
Forget Park for night.. We'll be on Booking.com and Air B&B

29 June to 8 July..
The 4 yearly Fesival of the trays takes place in Tomar. Unmissable !
Rather than bore you with my interpretation.. Google it.
Really worth doing, if anyone is about.
Be there early, though

Castelo do Vide..
Thanks Graham.

Oh that brings back memories. Sweet hillside town, with it's old Jewish quarter on the west side of the hill, to avoid the stink of the town, after they were kicked out of Spain.
Bifanas are ok anywhere, but do try the Prego no pâo.. A slice of bullock steak in a butty.. It means a nail sandwich, puts lead in your pencil, especially if washed down with a cerveja preta.. Black beer.
I'm firing the BBQ tonight.. Guess what were having?

Totally agree about Castelo da Vide but also try Monsanto another totally fascinating place.There are so many interesting places away from the beaten track.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back