TOMAR..PORTUGAL

I've met a motorhomer who spent 3 nights, last week on the Municipal Campsite.
While it's officially closed, they have opened it to motorhomers as a free aire. Just a dump point and access to a tap.
Not crowded and mainly Portuguese vans, the odd German, and remarkably few French ones...

Topmast

Yes Tomar is open as a temporary site and well worth spending a few days in the area ,there are Lots of interesting bits of the old town to see it is also worth going about 2 kilometers outside to look at the aqueduct .If spending time locally there are other free sites within half hours drive that are well worth going to. I would recommend Constancia and Barquinha.

I've met a motorhomer who spent 3 nights, last week on the Municipal Campsite.
While it's officially closed, they have opened it to motorhomers as a free aire. Just a dump point and access to a tap.
Not crowded and mainly Portuguese vans, the odd German, and remarkably few French ones...
That's interesting, Paul.
I also met an odd German - in Fuengirola, Spain.
Could it be the same person?
We deserve to be told.

Colin 😊😊😊

we stayed there in october several vans there bit of a tight turn in but a short walk to the river & centre and plenty of parking at the stunning castle , as others have said a large municipal still got live in staff but no input from them , being a typical portugese site there are no pitches you just stake your claim, as the picture states there was a notice from the council saying it would be developed as an aire but the letter was 18 months old when we were there, 65A11B1B-8514-42EE-82FF-589253BA9908.png

That's interesting, Paul.
I also met an odd German - in Fuengirola, Spain.
Could it be the same person?
We deserve to be told.

Colin 😊😊😊
Little Chap, toothbrush moustache, leather shorts and silly hat with feather in the side... ?
Nothing odd about him ....
No this one had a sense of humour.. !