Tomtom go camper

Campervanannie

I have one and have mastered how to use it after years of just using either paper maps and then copilot on my phone, there is one thing I am struggling with how to you program in stop off locations on route I have read the book and cannot find it so was hoping someone clever on here will know exactly how to do it.
Pretty please. ?

it should have a travel via option, unless it’s one of the crap ones after tom tom fell out with google mapping

After you have entered a destination and it has shown you the route (you have to get the route to your final destination sorted first or it will not be your 'current route'), tap on the bottom left of the screen, the small circle with 4 dots in it, touch that and then touch 'current route', scroll to the right and touch 'add stop to route', on the top right is a blue sign with search in it, touch that and type in the name of the place or places you want to stop, they will then be added to the route

After you have entered a destination and it has shown you the route (you have to get the route to your final destination sorted first or it will not be your 'current route'), tap on the bottom left of the screen, the small circle with 4 dots in it, touch that and then touch 'current route', scroll to the right and touch 'add stop to route', on the top right is a blue sign with search in it, touch that and type in the name of the place or places you want to stop, they will then be added to the route

I sat last night and said to Colin as soon as Terry reads it we will know how to do it ?? how right was I ?

I have one and have mastered how to use it after years of just using either paper maps and then copilot on my phone, there is one thing I am struggling with how to you program in stop off locations on route I have read the book and cannot find it so was hoping someone clever on here will know exactly how to do it.
Pretty please. ?
Hi there if you want any answer ask phill admin

Been using mine for a week and a half. Obviously just s truck sat Nov. What's camper about it other than the name? No eco route option (like my car TomTom). No Scenic route option. I also find it very slow during data input. Once going it works ok, but not £300 worth.

Been using mine for a week and a half. Obviously just s truck sat Nov. What's camper about it other than the name? No eco route option (like my car TomTom). No Scenic route option. I also find it very slow during data input. Once going it works ok, but not £300 worth.
I agree that it can be slow and the no choice of route, but now thanks to Terry I can reroute it to the scenic route that I want to travel in, and yes it takes a bit of self planning and time to lock in the alternate route but I like that as it’s having to do something yourself instead of pushing a button and as I have spent years planning using paper maps it’s still has that element to it.?

I bought one last month but not even opened the box yet annie got a price match done at halfrauds which made a great buy imho liked the spec on it

I bought one last month but not even opened the box yet annie got a price match done at halfrauds which made a great buy imho liked the spec on it
I Won mine so a fantastic price? and used it properly during my month tour of France, Belgium and the Netherlands and after a few initial hiccups user error I can’t fault it there is still a lot that I need to learn about it but it’s my first satnav that I have actually used.

I've been looking at sat navigation too.. What is the essential difference between a truck sat nav and a camping sat nav? I asked a manager at a trucking company this and he said it was probably in the routing options. I have other pressing financial priorities so a £300 plus is out of the question. Is there anything fundamentally wrong with a bog standard £99 sat nav from HalfordHalford given I have no need of European maps etc?

I agree that it can be slow and the no choice of route, but now thanks to Terry I can reroute it to the scenic route that I want to travel in, and yes it takes a bit of self planning and time to lock in the alternate route but I like that as it’s having to do something yourself instead of pushing a button and as I have spent years planning using paper maps it’s still has that element to it.?
Do you use TomTom MyDrive to plan your routes Annie,

It is easy to plan your route and you have a good map to check live traffic conditions, road works etc., after you have planned it on your PC you can then send it to your satnav, make sure you change your vehicle to camper on MyDrive (I have put a black arrow showing you) you have to log in on mydrive and your satnav to send the route but that isn't a problem, if you need any help with it just ask

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back