Touring Scandinavia Blog Part 2 now available

Deleted member 438

We have for many years held the dream for travelling Scandinavia in a campervan. This dream became reality once the borders opened in July, hence we undertook a 75-day 9,218 mile (14,835 km) adventure.

When we were planning this trip wes truggled to find information about motorhome trips in Norway. Hence, I decided to start a photobook blog to help others. Part two of the 7/8 blog series is now available: https://duncan-brown.org/travel-blogs/
I am now starting to compile part 3.

If you like what you see please feel free to share the site and if you subscibe as a follower you will automatically be notified when I publish my next blog.

This is a superbly presented and inspirational blog. Thank you.

Well, apart from the icy river swim - you're welcome to that. I love Stave churches, and visited one in Poland. It's hard to believe they are as old as they are.

I'm going to bookmark it for a fuller read later. 👍

superbly presented and inspirational blog
Yes, absolutely agree with this comment

Duncan and Liz - well done, very informative and useful? A long Scandinavia trip is on our list.

A question. Did you find 75 days were enough, or could you have taken longer?

Great to see someone is still doing these blogs with a high standard of writing, detail and presentation. They seem to have dropped out of favour with more motorhome travellers doing youtube videos, most of which have a 'look at me', 'look at what I am doing' focus, are overlong - 30 to 45 minutes, and after watching I find I have learnt very little. I blame the rise in reality TV where ordinary people do ordinary things. I like to be entertained but want to be informed as well.

Keep up the good work.

This is a superbly presented and inspirational blog. Thank you.

Well, apart from the icy river swim - you're welcome to that. I love Stave churches, and visited one in Poland. It's hard to believe they are as old as they are.

I'm going to bookmark it for a fuller read later. 👍
Many thanks. We struggled to find anything, so made it up as we went along. We thought it maybe useful for others.

Brilliant, I am proud of what my country has to offer. In northern Sweden it is easy to find free "Camping". Those who are inspired are welcome to Scandinavia. Would like to recommend a trip to Southern Sweden's south and east coast. Less rain and beautiful nature.

Yes, absolutely agree with this comment

Duncan and Liz - well done, very informative and useful? A long Scandinavia trip is on our list.

A question. Did you find 75 days were enough, or could you have taken longer?

Great to see someone is still doing these blogs with a high standard of writing, detail and presentation. They seem to have dropped out of favour with more motorhome travellers doing youtube videos, most of which have a 'look at me', 'look at what I am doing' focus, are overlong - 30 to 45 minutes, and after watching I find I have learnt very little. I blame the rise in reality TV where ordinary people do ordinary things. I like to be entertained but want to be informed as well.

Keep up the good work.
We had planned for 3-4 month and could have spent longer than the 75 days. However, as in my first blog about planning the trip - we were booked for a March set-off, so was later setting off. Towards the end of the trip we had to rush back for an elderly parent at end of life. Thats a different tale, but we did manage to make it using the travel corridor.

I would kindly request anyone who likes the blog, to make a comment against the post. This will help boost its search listing with the likes of google and therefore present it to a wider audience of motorhome users.

The trip we did in 2016 was similar.
We went to Nordkapp as well and about 10 days in Finland
Overall we spent 111 days ouut of UK.
We ambled through mainland europe often stsying 2 night at a Stellplatz
Easy enough to cut down on that and trim other parts.
But we would aim to just be within the 90 dats !
I have an outline plan to revisit gettong to Malmo a bit quicker and NOT going to Nordkapp or Finland
This plan complies with the 90 day limit (just) and does not involve rushing.
As with the OP we played it by ear
Plan as follows
Calais to Malmo
https://goo.gl/maps/ToyEFcAG9RhPJjzE7 8 days
Malmo to kiruna
https://goo.gl/maps/JdTm6Tpq2XSc8ZXw6 30 days
Kiruna to Malmo via the coastal route
https://goo.gl/maps/6aPpo6oTPXPPgz9SA 40 days
Back to calais 8 days
A total of 86 days
quicker routes available especially in Norway !

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back