Tracker

Mobilvetta

Might be of interest to some, I bought one of these a couple of months back, I have to say very impressed with it so far, I put an ASDA pay as you go SIM into it as you don't need to top it up for 6 months, put £10 credit on it. I have it in vibrate alert and also a 100 meter perimeter on it, really does what it says on the Tim, lasts approx a month before recharging it, the App you download is easy to use, it feels quality and not cheap plastic shite.

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/40001...HUkP4THejXhXtrVv0xf7hosxKUPMYxEMaAsWGEALw_wcB

I paid more than this price as I have never dealt with Ali express, it was a friend who told me about this site, I bought mine from Amazon.

Screenshot_20200124-061526.png

I got mine from Amazon, £42.99 delivered, slightly cheaper through Ali Express, but I have never shopped with them. It was a friend who told me that they are cheaper than Amazon for buying stuff.

I got mine from Amazon, £42.99 delivered, slightly cheaper through Ali Express, but I have never shopped with them. It was a friend who told me that they are cheaper than Amazon for buying stuff.
Thanks, Yes found it on Amazon
Will go with them !
I assume you can set all the parameters by connecting it to a laptop/PC using USB but ask ?

If you copy and paste this into.your browser this guy does a review and explains how to set it up, I just followed his advice and then played with the App

Screenshot_20200124-071156.png

Just be wary ladies and gents, as such devices are easy to block and locate. You may feel you have found the perfect hide away for it and have it perfectly set-up to alert you, but with the use of a blocker and a location device, it will be found and discarded.

I really don't want to be a kill joy here, but such blockers and finders are so easy to purchase now that they are just as easy to buy as the trackers themselves.

Just be wary ladies and gents, as such devices are easy to block and locate. You may feel you have found the perfect hide away for it and have it perfectly set-up to alert you, but with the use of a blocker and a location device, it will be found and discarded.

I really don't want to be a kill joy here, but such blockers and finders are so easy to purchase now that they are just as easy to buy as the trackers themselves.
The point is well made.
However a tracker is another layer for the wouldbe thief to overcome.
I suggest visible and effective physical security is no 1.

You can fit many anti theft devices all can be removed easily with power tools and brute force causing damage costing thousands. To repair ,and only nicking a few quid . I sometimes think it is best to leave leave no valuables and the door unlocked ,insurance is then the problem .

This is what the App looks like on my phone, I went in the garage on the 22/01 to get our bikes out and it sent me a text because it sensed vibration. You can also look at your historical routes. Very happy with mine, not saying it is foolproof, what is these days, but its just another security layer of many others I have had installed.

I also had a tracker installed by Honda on my new scooter, but that relies on you paying a yearly subscription of £109.00 per year, they supplied and fitted it free, as an offer on all new bikes. But this tracker is just £42.99 then the costs of a pay as you go SIM, or maybe cheaper if you shop around.

Screenshot_20200124-120532.pngScreenshot_20200124-120838.png

The reality is that nothing you can do will make a motorhome unstealable, even if you pay Vanbitz shedloads of money for lots of stuff.
A tracker can be found, especially if it not well hidden. It's not a bad idea to have a hidden one, and also another well-hidden one that only connects once an hour.
A tracker can be blocked, but not as easily as suggested. It is very easy to block the (very weak) GPS signal, but trackers will still work using GSM positioning. And yes, there are signal blockers that will block GSM signal as well, but they're expensive and they draw the attention of the authorities.
It is well worth getting a tracker, though paying over £40 for one is daft.
It is also well worth getting a server subscription, but again paying over £100 a year is crazy.
You can get a good tracker for less than £30. A tracker server subscription will cost less than £20 per year, and if the tracker uses an Asdamobile PAYG sim, reporting its position every 30 seconds 24/7, a £5 topup will last about eight months (set it to auto-topup on low balance).
It won't stop your van being stolen, but it might increase the chance of getting it back. It provides a great historical record of your travels, helps you find the van when parking in unfamiliar places, and it won't make your motorhome less reliable.

Last edited:
This is what the App looks like on my phone, I went in the garage on the 22/01 to get our bikes out and it sent me a text because it sensed vibration. You can also look at your historical routes. Very happy with mine, not saying it is foolproof, what is these days, but its just another security layer of many others I have had installed.

I also had a tracker installed by Honda on my new scooter, but that relies on you paying a yearly subscription of £109.00 per year, they supplied and fitted it free, as an offer on all new bikes. But this tracker is just £42.99 then the costs of a pay as you go SIM, or maybe cheaper if you shop around.

View attachment 52681View attachment 52683
Mine is the tkstar 915 with 120 day battery life , worth noting not all sim cards work, has to support 2G .

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back