Tracking devices.

Hi what about buying a very cheap mobile phone monthly or contract. Leave it hidden in van plugged in switched on hidden then if it is stolen or you forget where you parked it. Go on your normal mobile. Go to find my phone put in no. And it will tell you where your phone is. Well it works in theory. Wonder if it works in practice. Next time I get lost in woods walking the dogs I should try it

Great idea in theory, but as Blocking devices are so readily available now and you are relying on an internal battery you have to charge up/maintain, chances are you may forget about it and it's game over. Plus you will have to remind yourself to make/receive a call to keep the Sim active on most networks these days, so it's another thing to remember.
Some good tracking units will alert you to a jamming attempt being made and some are using a Global Sim (one that will bounce off any network) meaning that so long as your own device is receiving signal. Yes you'll be subject to an annual charge but when we are talking a small percentage of the vehicles value and the sentimental valve, it's worth protecting it? I know there's an argument flying around that you won't want it back after it's gone (it is a valid one), but not everyone is of that mindset and want it back.
Our belief here though is "stopping the horse from bolting the stable" in the first place. There are many device examples of both mechanical and electronic that you can put in place to assist you with this.
We have a product in place called the Non-Starter (which is and option that is linked into our Strikeback and Growler Alarm Systems) that remote immobilises the M/H from any app based phone, but does also give you the option to locate the M/H (again using the app) and interacts with the alarm system telling you about jamming attempts, battery voltage/disconnects/alarm triggers etc. It also rates your driving should you are a couple traveling and want a bit of banter between you ;) or you like a bit of a diary of your travels, or you may rent out your M/H out and want to keep a log.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back