Transverse Beds (Overcab)

Ironjaws

We are in the process of changing our motorhome. All our previous ones have had French beds but we want to try and win a bit of floor space and are considering a Dethleffs Globebus i5 which has an overcab transverse bed. As we are at the age when its not always possible to go through the night with a 'visit' we are wondering how others get on with the acrobatics of leaving the bed and returning. I would be sleeping on the inside so would be the one doing the doing the most agility trials and my wife would suffer bruising from knees. Any advice?

I deliberately chose my caravan with a fixed bed having had a caravan you had to make it up. My motorhome had an over cab double fixed and was superb ,it had a wee ladder to get up there.but I found myself more often than not stepping on the settee and climbing up with no problems ...odds are though if two of you and need to nip to the toilet in the middle of the night by its nature you will disturb her ....fwiw I would never consider a van without either option

Can't you sleep on outside edge what if someone breaks in during the night you'd need to get out quick then. Personally I'd not consider a over cab bed to easy to fall out of look at island beds or fixed twins better choice imo

We have a Pilote with a drop down bed. We both just step up on the settee then I clamber across as I’m on the inside. I can’t get down without waking himself but it’s not too much of a problem ....

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back