Travel Insurance For the Older Travellers & Newhaven to Dieppe Ferry for Winter Sun

marchie

Just started more serious pricing than the previous browsing now that we are just about free of life's little barriers ...

I will be 70 on Sunday and have just looked at Axa Schengen Visa Travel Insurance. Because the policy has to support the EU Freedom of Travel entitlements, there are no medical questions/ exclusions, and for 2 adults on a 90 days trip, the higher cover [€100,000 instead of €30,000 hospital], and the partner who is not ill not having to fend for her/himself comes out at €366 [up from €336 last year]

Newhaven to Dieppe Single Crossing overnight on 21st November will be £120.50 before the 20% Old Git Discount for a small M/Home [Lower than 4m and up to 7m length] plus the cost of a cabin [probably around £65 before 20% discount]. Total price should be around £450 for Ferry, cabin and Travel Insurance

Steve

Newhaven is our go to place for crossing the channel..................................and LV is our go to place for all our insurance.
Last year their gold multi trip policy (90 days at a time)just me with high blood pressure was £200 for the 2 of us.
I'm 70 this year so I guess it'll go up. But I think it's worth a try for you

Newhaven is our go to place for crossing the channel..................................and LV is our go to place for all our insurance.
Last year their gold multi trip policy (90 days at a time)just me with high blood pressure was £200 for the 2 of us.
I'm 70 this year so I guess it'll go up. But I think it's worth a try for you
Not with the mini-stroke and the 70th birthday. Seen LV quotes elsewhere at £1400+! The attraction of the AXA Policy is the removal of the medical history and age questions

Steve

Just started more serious pricing than the previous browsing now that we are just about free of life's little barriers ...

I will be 70 on Sunday and have just looked at Axa Schengen Visa Travel Insurance. Because the policy has to support the EU Freedom of Travel entitlements, there are no medical questions/ exclusions, and for 2 adults on a 90 days trip, the higher cover [€100,000 instead of €30,000 hospital], and the partner who is not ill not having to fend for her/himself comes out at €366 [up from €336 last year]

Newhaven to Dieppe Single Crossing overnight on 21st November will be £120.50 before the 20% Old Git Discount for a small M/Home [Lower than 4m and up to 7m length] plus the cost of a cabin [probably around £65 before 20% discount]. Total price should be around £450 for Ferry, cabin and Travel Insurance

Steve
Just had a look at the Axa insurance you mentioned, seems too good to be true that you don't have to declare any medical conditions, am I missing something!

Just had a look at the Axa insurance you mentioned, seems too good to be true that you don't have to declare any medical conditions, am I missing something!
Yes! We were alerted to it in Summer 2022 during discussions with a Dutch couple in the Loire; the couple said that they were away from home for a minimum of 9 months each year, and often cut down the period at home to around 6 weeks to get Car & M/Home MOT'd and serviced and have their annual health check, dentists and optician visits. As I said in my original post, the EU Member States retain unlimited Freedom of Movement Rights and the European Insurers have to provide policies that support that right. The Dutch couple mentioned an annual premium of around €660 for their cover, and the current multi-trip premium is around €656

Steve

We were given the discount last year on the late August return Dieppe to Newhaven [which I wasn't expecting, so a nice surprise, even if it was a mistake]

Steve
Nice one,maybe they've changed it,but good to know.Thanks for the AXA tip, my LV cover expires next week and am away right now so will see what they want off me this year with additional pre-existings.

Nice one,maybe they've changed it,but good to know.Thanks for the AXA tip, my LV cover expires next week and am away right now so will see what they want off me this year with additional pre-existings.
Should have mentioned that our French hovel is insured by AXA [since 2010]; unlike British insurers, AXA are very relaxed about the hovel being empty. No weekly inspections etc, and the cover has been increased voluntarily by AXA to include vandalism [presumably because they know that Brexit has wreaked havoc with the maison secondaire brigade] as long as the property was locked and shuttered. We haven't visited the property since February 2020 on the way back from my heart attack in Spain, and AXA are aware of this

Steve

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back