Travel Insurance

GMJ

Folks

Like many MH owners we enjoy extended trips abroad in our MH. Typically between 60-70 days away at a time...maybe twice a year (three times in a good year
biggrin.gif
). However I am struggling to find annual multi trip insurance to cover trips of this length. The only option seems to be a stand alone policy.

Could I please ask

- Do you have such a thing? i.e. Annual Multi trip with coverage over 60-70 days per trip. If so could you please let me know who with?

Alternatively what do you do? Take out a single trip policy each time perhaps?

Thanks

Graham

Last edited:
I am assuming you have 'pre-existing' or have clocked up any years of life? We have had annual policies in the past and up to 70 I think, they will allow travel for as much as 90 days at a time. I must admit, though, that since Covid we have not tried to get travel insurance. Try Stay-Sure or one of those multi search sites, check out Martin Lewis's site too. Good luck

Nationwide flex plus bank account cover can be extended and include pre-existing by negotiation also gives breakdown cover and damage or faults to mobile phones £13 per month charge.

We used to get 60 days as standard on a yearly policy with a company called annual travel insurance.

However we now insure through the national federation of occupational pensioners which gives up to 180 days per year with virtually no health declarations required. Problem is you need to be a member for a year before accessing the insurance policy. A bit dear if you are young and well, but once onboard it will not penalise for age or health. A proper cooperative style policy. Potentially good in the longer term.

Davy

Reactions: 2cv
Just got an e mail from Allclear which may be of interest.

Really exciting news! We recently confirmed that our policies have emergency medical expenses cover included for COVID-19.

We are very pleased to now announce that we’re working with our insurers to create a product that can cover cancellation and curtailment for COVID-19 too. We’ll update you with more details next week.

For those of you who can’t wait to travel again, a reminder that AllClear policies now offer the following benefits relating to COVID-19:

• Up to £15 million emergency medical expenses cover for Covid-19
  • Up to 30 days FREE extended cover
  • Up to £2,000 for a friend or relative to travel from your home area to stay with you
  • Repatriation costs to bring you back to the UK
  • Costs for a continued recuperation stay
  • Costs for your return flight following your enforced stay due to Coronavirus
  • Cancellation and curtailment cover for COVID-19 (coming soon)

They were excellent with our curtailment claim in USA due to covid breaking out.

2CV - how many days cover does that policy give for any one trip?

I have tried a couple of the comparison sites but they are coming back with 22/30/45 days typically. I don't want to open a bank account tbh.

I am assuming you have 'pre-existing' or have clocked up any years of life? We have had annual policies in the past and up to 70 I think, they will allow travel for as much as 90 days at a time. I must admit, though, that since Covid we have not tried to get travel insurance. Try Stay-Sure or one of those multi search sites, check out Martin Lewis's site too. Good luck

Aside from Stay-sure can you recall any of the other companies that gave you cover for annual multi trips in excess of 60-70 days?

The camparison sites are not a great help for extended stays at the moment although most/all are covering for Covid now it seems.

Thanks

i have a few pre existing about the only one i could get annual multitrip max 90days was saga £370for both of us

Reactions: GMJ
Aside from Stay-sure can you recall any of the other companies that gave you cover for annual multi trips in excess of 60-70 days?

The camparison sites are not a great help for extended stays at the moment although most/all are covering for Covid now it seems.

Thanks

Martin was with All-clear and I was with Aviva but I haven’t renewed so not sure of where they stand now

2CV - how many days cover does that policy give for any one trip?

I have tried a couple of the comparison sites but they are coming back with 22/30/45 days typically. I don't want to open a bank account tbh.

They sometimes limit to 31 or 45 days, but not always.

del suggested trying to find backpackers insurance as you don’t need all the flight & luggage gubbins covered by your breakdown & vehicle insurance they are usually longer term will check it myself later

Davy
[/QUOTE]
Thank you for this. I'll give them a ring next year. It could give me another couple of years extended travel.
I’ve not been able to do anything about Backpacker insurance. Nobody answering a phone. I’ve already got cover until February 2021, so no great hurry.

Although I do not need now..
I have had sensible quotes from Staysure and ALLClear
Staysure multitrip 3.5 months max per trip
AllClear 6 months single trip to Canada
At the moment Lloyds bank AXA 6 month trips but £900 Also with a very old account (which is no longer on offer to new customers)
Reviewing AXA now and others next April

Although I do not need now..
I have had sensible quotes from Staysure and ALLClear
Staysure multitrip 3.5 months max per trip
AllClear 6 months single trip to Canada
At the moment Lloyds bank AXA 6 month trips but £900 Also with a very old account (which is no longer on offer to new customers)
Reviewing AXA now and others next April
Staysure will only cover me for 35 days. Over 71

Backpackers policy was always the best value and long term cover for us.

We used this company for a 12 month tour of Europe, sadly cut short by the virus. It’s backpacker health insurance so you don’t pay for things bundled in with standard health insurance like flight delays. We paid just over £500 for two of us each with one pre-existing condition https://www.bigcattravelinsurance.com/travel-insurance/backpackers-travel-insurance/

We got the van covered for 365 days in Europe with Safeguard. we paid £700 which included full breakdown cover.
Looked at their website. Under 70’s.
Back to the drawing board😳

• Sad
Reactions: Rec
Nationwide FlexPlus works for us. Can buy add-ons to cover trips up to any length (?) and pre-existing conditions. They also charge an extra £50 per year if you're over 70. Found them very good when we needed to claim too.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back