Travel Insurance

Folks

Like many MH owners we enjoy extended trips abroad in our MH. Typically between 60-70 days away at a time...maybe twice a year (three times in a good year
biggrin.gif
). However I am struggling to find annual multi trip insurance to cover trips of this length. The only option seems to be a stand alone policy.

Could I please ask

- Do you have such a thing? i.e. Annual Multi trip with coverage over 60/70 days per trip. If so could you please let me know who with?

Alternatively what do you do? Take out a single trip policy each time perhaps?

Thanks

Graham
Try Safeguard, my policy states “90 or more days” European cover.

We use Saga which gives us 120 days a year, maximum of 60days at a time which would give you two holidays of 60.

Hi We have an annual policy with stay sure, just renewed it last my £180 for mysel and hubby, Up to 60 days travel anyone time. I have medical conditions ( Blood Pressure)

Try Safeguard, my policy states “90 or more days” European cover.

Do you have a link as the safeguard site only seems to cover MH and Caravans? I am after health insurance.

I also need 60days plus. 60 days is no use.

ta

Update on the C&MC

They don't do medical screening per se however if you tick one of the general medical boxes to say that you have had an incident on the last 12 months then they give you a ring to discuss. The lady then basically told me that they would not cover us for one of my wife's ailments as she had had an issue in the last 12 months. Interestingly they were not interested in her MS or asthma and would cover that!

Graham

When looking for house insurance I can only get what I need (decent cover for contents of outbuildings) from either M&S or NFU. M&S can be checked on line. NFU, however, require you telephone the local branch. I did this and it is a very old fashioned service with the operator going through in detail what your require. You have to set aside a good chunk of time because they do like to chat and are very thorough. They ran M&S very close for the house insurance and get good Which? ratings. Might be worth a call?

When looking for house insurance I can only get what I need (decent cover for contents of outbuildings) from either M&S or NFU. M&S can be checked on line. NFU, however, require you telephone the local branch. I did this and it is a very old fashioned service with the operator going through in detail what your require. You have to set aside a good chunk of time because they do like to chat and are very thorough. They ran M&S very close for the house insurance and get good Which? ratings. Might be worth a call?

Travel health insurance not available unless you have house insurance with them by the looks.

Last edited:
May not be applicaable to your chosen company but every time I need insurance or utilities I check comparison sites then go to topcashback and see if any are offering cash back done this for around 4 years now and had about £1500 back and got best price insurance.Best deal was with a well known breakdown outfit they gave me more in cash back than the policy was !

If you have a nationwide flex acount you get free 30 days.
I up graded to 180 days abroad and Mrs tupcox .
I have hypertension and prostrate trouble both medicated .
Mrs has to take statins. £118 a year.

May not be applicaable to your chosen company but every time I need insurance or utilities I check comparison sites then go to topcashback and see if any are offering cash back done this for around 4 years now and had about £1500 back and got best price insurance.Best deal was with a well known breakdown outfit they gave me more in cash back than the policy was !

In my experience comparison sites seldom cover in excess of 60 days in any one trip on an annual multi trip policy....unless you have one that does?

Also not looking to change bank accounts at the mo!

Thanks

As I posted earlier in this thread the Nationwide deal is no longer available. Existing account holders are still covered but not new customers.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back