Travel to Sweden

saxonborg

For those contemplating a trip to Sweden I recently came across a new to me fast ferry from Sassnitz in Germany to Ystad in Sweden, looks like a good alternative to the bridges route, the ferry company is FRS Baltic.com.

Seems a little pricey, for a one month return trip leaving in September for me and my pvc would cost 246 euro but I guess if you are short on time then maybe a good option.

Just found a link for a discount over the Storebaelt bridge here : Discount
£33 each way
Oresund Bridge £87 return
So about £153 return driving into Sweden

About 4 years ago I met a Swedish couple at a stellplatz near Prora, and they had just arrived via Sassnitz.

They told me their night time crossing was only 50 Euros, but that they had booked it some months before. Haven't checked it myself yet.

About 4 years ago I met a Swedish couple at a stellplatz near Prora, and they had just arrived via Sassnitz.

They told me their night time crossing was only 50 Euros, but that they had booked it some months before. Haven't checked it myself yet.
There is a catamaran on the route so maybe the service has become quicker and thus more attractive, just guessing.

For those contemplating a trip to Sweden I recently came across a new to me fast ferry from Sassnitz in Germany to Ystad in Sweden, looks like a good alternative to the bridges route, the ferry company is FRS Baltic.com.
Thanks being a speed ferry makes all the difference for us.
A useful option for us to go to Sweden and then return through Norway and a quick ferry from Kristiansand to Hirtsals.
Helps with the 90 day limit by saving maybe 1 week from say Oslo to Malmo and the 2 bridges then to Germany

You always have to take fuel costs into account. For us living in Cornwall although more expensive the Plymouth / Roscoff ferry is much more economical than Dover Calais as saves us a days drive and the fuel costs associated with it

You always have to take fuel costs into account. For us living in Cornwall although more expensive the Plymouth / Roscoff ferry is much more economical than Dover Calais as saves us a days drive and the fuel costs associated with it
And the journey to Dover from the SW can be a nightmare

Hej !
We now live in Sweden and are planning a trip to UK late September. We have booked Ystad -Sassnitz one way for 2ad+2dogs+7m moho - € 165 . Under 2.5 hrs to a v. interesting part of Germany - unknown to me, anyway. Will report back on the x-ing.
Btw, camping in Sweden- wild or otherwise- is the BEST !!!!!

Hej !
We now live in Sweden and are planning a trip to UK late September. We have booked Ystad -Sassnitz one way for 2ad+2dogs+7m moho - € 165 . Under 2.5 hrs to a v. interesting part of Germany - unknown to me, anyway. Will report back on the x-ing.
Btw, camping in Sweden- wild or otherwise- is the BEST !!!!!
Yes camping is great we did 1 month in 2016....Planning to repeat !

And the journey to Dover from the SW can be a nightmare
Travel isn’t so bad the the channel ports from the Midlands, apart from using dreaded M25. My question is would it be more cost effective to use the Harwich - Hook route. Scandinavia bound?
Checked mileage and it looks like a saving of 200 miles or so. (Apart from my Google maps. That takes you from Harwich to Dover 😳)
The ferry is significantly more expensive.
I’ve no immediate plans atm, although Sweden is on the bucket list, and I’ve bought a map.

We may well decide to stick with the 2 bridge route.
But the speed ferries do save mileage.
Depends more on likely route and personal preferences and wallet size !

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back