Traveling to spain then Morocco.

Mr and Mrs Tupcox

So if we travel down through France then Spain for 30 days.
Then go to Morocco for up to 90 days.
Return to Spain do we still have 60 days to travel around and get home..

You are allowed 90 days in the last 180.

So going out: 1 to 30
Stay in morocco 89 days: 89 +30 = 119
Can only stay another 60 days (and you'll be tight if there is a problem).

BUT stay in Morocco 91 days: 91 + 30 = 121
Stay in Schengen for 60 days results in your FIRST day being 181 days ago SO IT NO LONGER COUNTS!

This continues for the whole of the first 30 days-worth, so you can take 90 days to come home :)

Gordon

If my advice is incorrect I will not be paying your fines nor repatriating your confiscated MH (nor solving any other problems arising) ;)

REMEMBER that day 1 starts at midnight on the day you leave the UK, not at 6pm when you arrive on foreign soil.

From what I’ve read “Day 1” starts on the day you arrive irrespective of your arrival time. So if you arrive on Saturday a quarter to midnight then that 15 minutes counts as day 1.

From what I’ve read “Day 1” starts on the day you arrive irrespective of your arrival time. So if you arrive on Saturday a quarter to midnight then that 15 minutes counts as day 1.
That is correct. An 2355 arrival plus a 0010 departure, and you're down to 88 days!

Steve

So if I have got this right ..
If I went to Spain for 60days then Morocco for say 95 days i have got 90 days back in eu countries..for return to UK.

So if I have got this right ..
If I went to Spain for 60days then Morocco for say 95 days i have got 90 days back in eu countries..for return to UK.
Rather than rely upon Members opinions, put your dates into the EU Calculator and it will work out if the trip is permitted. A Forum Member is unlikely to be working as a Border Guard at your port when you arrive! :) Enter the proposed entry date to the Schengen country and the proposed departure date to Morocco as the Leave Date. For your return trip, enter the Departure Date from Morocco as the Entry Date to the Schengen Zone, and enter the Leave or Deprture Date as the date that the ferry leaves France or Spain

Best not leave it too fine, though. We use Newhaven to Dieppe quite often and the ferry departure is sometimes 2359. A delay in clearing Customs could lose you a day, and yu don't want to be playing Cinderella!

Steve

Rather than rely upon Members opinions, put your dates into the EU Calculator and it will work out if the trip is permitted. A Forum Member is unlikely to be working as a Border Guard at your port when you arrive! :) Enter the proposed entry date to the Schengen country and the proposed departure date to Morocco as the Leave Date. For your return trip, enter the Departure Date from Morocco as the Entry Date to the Schengen Zone, and enter the Leave or Deprture Date as the date that the ferry leaves France or Spain

Best not leave it too fine, though. We use Newhaven to Dieppe quite often and the ferry departure is sometimes 2359. A delay in clearing Customs could lose you a day, and yu don't want to be playing Cinderella!

Steve
I've tried 4 times the just say something went wrong.

Was just looking for easy answer as not sure of dates yet..and out line on how it all works.

I've tried 4 times the just say something went wrong.

Was just looking for easy answer as not sure of dates yet..and out line on how it all works.
I used it without problem! The layout has been changed since last time I used it, and it's easier. You just need to enter 1 date at a time by clicking in the date field and then selecting the date from the drop down menu. When you have an Entry Date and a Leave Date entered, press the 'Calculate' button and it will tell you how many days you will have spent

I entered some dummy dates and got the following:

Entry Date: 24th Nov 22 Exit Date: 23rd December 22 Duration: 30 Days Last Day to Stay: 21st Feb 23 [the latest you must leave]
Entry Date:25th Mar 23 Exit Date: 23rd May 23 Duration: 60 Days Last Day to Stay: 22 Jun 23

Hope this helps

Steve

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back