Travelling to Germany

stevensmith91

We want to travel to Germany at the end of this month are we are allowed to transit through Belgium or will have to have go down the South east side of France and to enter Germany .
We are both fully vaccinated

You'll need someone with a Crystal Ball to answer that question

You'll need someone with a Crystal Ball to answer that question
Cant get a definitive answer anywhere , it would appear that U.K. nationals have to quarantine if entering Belgium as well as filling in PLF
But if your transiting through without stopping ?
Who knows

We are doing the same, wanting to get to Germany and have been reading about the rules. It is difficult to get a define answer, as far as I can see if you are not in the country for more than 48hrs then there is no problem but it states if you are travelling to Belgium by plane or boat you must fill in a Passenger locator Form. We are travelling to France by boat in 10 days time, I will try filling in the PLF and see if I get a reply back, if not I will probably skirt round in France and come in below Belgium.

We want to travel to Germany at the end of this month are we are allowed to transit through Belgium or will have to have go down the South east side of France and to enter Germany .
We are in Germany, coming from France via Belgium. You can transit through Belgium but are not allowed to stop. Drove straight through to Germany without any problems

The German Embassy will give you the definitive, but you would need to check close to when you are travelling in case of changes.

How did you get on?

Looking at the rules "today" - appears getting into France (if fully vaccinated) is trivial; and the only test needed is prior to returning to the UK?

France to germany is OK if you've spent time in France, but seems the germans consider UK high risk and you need to quarantine for 10 days (making it a non destination). Though https://www.rki.de/DE/Content/InfAZ/N/Neuartiges_Coronavirus/Risikogebiete_neu.html is confusing me - it says you have to quarantine if coming from UK to DE for 10 days, but says "The home quarantine can be ended prematurely if proof of health, a vaccination certificate is submitted via the upload portal of the digital entry registration" Suggesting if you pre-do it no quarantine needed

How was it on the ground?

Seems to be frequently changing still, making planning challenging!

(Even 1st & 2nd version of this post was wrong - its so confusing!)

Last edited:
How did you get on?

Looking at the rules "today" - appears getting into France (if fully vaccinated) is trivial; and the only test needed is prior to returning to the UK?

France to germany is OK if you've spent time in France, but seems the germans consider UK high risk and you need to quarantine for 10 days (making it a non destination). Though https://www.rki.de/DE/Content/InfAZ/N/Neuartiges_Coronavirus/Risikogebiete_neu.html is confusing me - it says you have to quarantine if coming from UK to DE for 10 days, but says "The home quarantine can be ended prematurely if proof of health, a vaccination certificate is submitted via the upload portal of the digital entry registration" Suggesting if you pre-do it no quarantine needed

How was it on the ground?

Seems to be frequently changing still, making planning challenging!

(Even 1st & 2nd version of this post was wrong - its so confusing!)
We didn’t go in the end thanks to DVLA who didn’t return my driving licence in time
They took nearly 4 months to return it and the reason I sent it early was because I knew there would be a delay because of industrial action

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back