Travelling to Spain? Be aware...

GMJ

Apparently tourists can be fined now for buying stuff from street hawkers...

Echoing comments within the article, it is the venders who should be fined. Four of us out for dinner in Salou, they’re in your face like flies around 💩. It takes go forth and multiply for them to understand.

While having lunch at Roses, same crap. We were eating outside, when they approached us, Rocky went into “come any closer and I’ll chew your face off” mode. We got left alone.

At various Med resort towns, there are cycle paths for miles along the beach front, when they appear to set up, they take over the paths with their cheap tat.

I’m all for free enterprise, if I was a local bonafide trader selling same type of goods as the lookie lookie folks, I would be far from happy.

During a conversation with a boss, who is English at a resort site we booked into for a week, I mentioned this subject, she said many, if not all those selling tat are involved with serious crime families. It is clear the police will be aware of this, but don’t, won’t, can’t, deal with the issue. So hit the innocent tourist with a fine. Absolute BS.

It still makes my £30 Rolex a bargain even with the £170 fine. Tenerife is probably the worst place in the world for lookie boogie men. Funny how they understand Glaswegian.

Last edited:
Is it *really * only UK tourists who MAY be fined for buying tat (but that would be by the Taste Police ...), or just more lazy journalism from a publication that has Form for lazy/poor quality 'journalism' based on the articles that are linked to on this Forum? An impolite refusal to buy from these Vendors should do the trick, the Spanish pronunciation of this acronym WDYJFO being 'wud_ja_foe' ... :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:

Steve

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back