Tree fell on camper at Sennybridge in the Brecon Beacons

Trek

Free Member

Tree fell on camper at Sennybridge in the Brecon Beacons

Daily Mail website has an article showing a camper crushed by a tree !

Hope everyone ok, must have been a great shock, looks like back of van so hopefully driver and passenger ok.

Banned member;n11732 said:
Luckily it was a Swift

You are so bad, I hope you realise that there are only swift motorhomes and caravans down below.

Likewise, hope that no one was hurt, but maybe it should have been called a "Didn't Escape"

image.jpeg

Balance of probabilities may say the landowner is responsible for what appears to be a rotten tree falling over. Some may try to weasel out of responsibility by saying act of god. To my mind you would first have to prove that there is a god! DOH! Its one for the thieves in suits, sorry, I mean lawyers to sort out. I am just glad no-one was hurt and wish them luck to get their pride and joy back.

If it were me, I would have an arboreal expert there straight away to assess the tree/roots/ground to help the claim before the council/landowner get rid of/hide the evidence.

Last edited by a moderator:
Defo a claim from the landowners of the tree, wonder if he has insurance? Our house insurance covers any mature trees (haven't got any left now, as we've just cut the last one down) but only if it has been checked by an arboriculturist at least every 5 years. Don't think they are allowed to use the 'Act of God' get out anymore are they?
Banned member - I can go off a person ya know, :tongue: we've got a Swift, and actually been very happy with it, obviously having kept it 10 years. :smile:

The chassis looks undamaged it is just the crushed body. Both people were unhurt but had a bit of a surprise,

The landowners should be given an award for ridding the world of another British motorhome :Birthday_Cake_Emoji

You’ll probably find Charlie’s fingerprints on that tree. Two weeks ago he went by the name of chainsaw Charlie get ma drift chainsaw and a deep rooted hate of swift mhs. Charley where were you on the night of the 8th of December 2017 .?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back