Trip advice

Andy Flav

Free Member

Hi
Looking for some advice, leaving home on the 9th March first night stopover required preferably dumfries area?? Cavearlock Castle? prior to two nights booked at Loch Lomond. Further two days and nights before returning home on the Thursday.
I'm not really bothered about travelling any further north on the last two days. Its such a short break. I thought West Coast? Guess I'm looking for some pointers, recommendations.
Much appreciated.

Andy that’s my neck of th Woods you say you’re booked in at Loch Lomond but don’t know what side you’re going to be at . If you’re at the balloch side you’ll find plenty to do there’s some nice walks cycle tracks boat trips few good pubs and eateries.If you’re At the other side of Loch Lomond at Balmaha it’s much quieter with more nice county walks with better scenery and for you’re two extra days you might want to visit aberfoyle Callander area if it’s a site you’re after there’s two nice sites in Callander the Gart and nethy bridge . Loch Kathrine is especially good as it has an aire like stop over with facilities ehu water and waste disposal with a steam boat cruise on the sir Walter Scott . You could also visit Helensburgh there’s a Rennie Macintosh house museum well worth a visit. ?

Hi
Thanks for the response.
Sunday is Inveruglas / Inbhir Dhubhghlais (cut and paste from the permit.)Then on to three locks forest drive Monday? . I don't mind Wilding or site. Wish we had more time. That work thing gets in the way.

If you’re out at three loch forest drive then you’re 10 15 mins from loch Kathrine park up. And 20 mins from Callander and 30 mins from Stirling with loads to do in Stirling This wee places is in the same area gets booked up quick but have a look anyway loads of parking out that way at this time of year gets busy Easter and beyond http://www.thecabinatlochlubnaig.co.uk/

If you’re out at three loch forest drive then you’re 10 15 mins from loch Kathrine park up. And 20 mins from Callander and 30 mins from Stirling with loads to do in Stirling This wee places is in the same area gets booked up quick but have a look anyway loads of parking out that way at this time of year gets busy Easter and beyond http://www.thecabinatlochlubnaig.co.uk/
Wully is this the same Callander where Callander House is? We had a tour round the house about 10 years ago when Martin was still alive... it's a fascinating place to learn some Scottish history, woven into stories about the people who lived in the house. We loved it. Then we went on to visit the incredible Falkirk Wheel. Fabulous day out (y)

It’s the same name Jenny and kinda close about 30 miles apart the Callander I was referring to is a town between Glasgow and Stirling small touristy place popular for city folk at weekends to go for a run get fish chips ice cream you know the type of place quite a lot of scenery and near a few routes heading north and east I’m about an hour away so we use the area for the odd weekend two maybe three times a year. I’ve never visited Callander house in Falkirk but had a look I’ll defo need to go looks great.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back