Trouble sourcing mirror replacement

sydnsue

I originally posted about my smashed mirror while on holiday and everyone stated about buying the generic type from Ebay. However I am having problems finding one.
The mirror I need is for a 2021 Boxer, nearside, long arm, manual folding, electric adjustment on top and bottom mirrors, and here is the difficult one, aerial. All the sellers I have contacted do not have the aerial version.
Can anyone advise on a seller please other than OEM which are around £350?

OUCH. I have contacted Wingmirrorman and had a chat. We think it is the long arm version even though the chassis number shows medium arm. However his price for the long arm is £490. I asked if this was the OEM at that price and he said no, the OEM is £650. Hopefully someone on here can suggest an alternative.
UPDATE: Peugeot genuine mirror £808. Fitting £108.
I wonder if it is possible to replace the plastic housing because the hinged chassis for the mirror is still there. Only plastic body and 2 glasses are smashed.

Last edited:
Sorry S&S :( :(

A bit of snipping and soldering could sort areial , the wiring harness fits just under door control switch no need to remove door card
, check out utube lots of information on door mirror fitting ,

Last edited:
The mirror aerial is for vans fitted with dab radio , I think ,
Correct, but why such a huge price difference. The cheapest I have found with the DAB connection is £329 which is double the price of those without.

OUCH. I have contacted Wingmirrorman and had a chat. We think it is the long arm version even though the chassis number shows medium arm. However his price for the long arm is £490. I asked if this was the OEM at that price and he said no, the OEM is £650. Hopefully someone on here can suggest an alternative.
UPDATE: Peugeot genuine mirror £808. Fitting £108.
I wonder if it is possible to replace the plastic housing because the hinged chassis for the mirror is still there. Only plastic body and 2 glasses are smashed.
Here's one

IMG_3955.png

Very interesting. I will check the mirror tomorrow and see if I can rescue it with this cover. Not sure yet about the indicator. I didn't think the cover was available so I didn't check the damage in too much detail.

Firstly, thanks to everyone for your advice and suggestions. I have had a look to see if it is possible to just renew the main casing but the plastic chassis that holds all the motors and aerials has 3 areas of non-repairable damage i.e. plastic ripped out. Also the aerial has been torn in two. It is like a flexible PCB but half of it is missing, presumably at the roadside in Spain. Shame because the DAB and FM radio still work but not AM.
I was very close to creating new steel brackets to fix the plastic chassis to the round bar but I would still need to buy the new casing, a new indicator assembly, new mirrorsand a new aerial if I could find one, all with no guarantee that they all fit together, so..... I shall bite the bullet and buy a complete new mirror. Someone has found a company that sell the DAB version for £329 which is better than the £480, £620 and £808 prices I had.
All this due to some d***head who wanted the whole road.

Back